GSN's THE AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE Comes to Social and Mobile Gamers
Since its record-setting debut on GSN, THE AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE has continued to celebrate Bible knowledge with the growing success of THE AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE GAME for iPhone, iPad, Android and Facebook. The free game-featuring several levels of increasingly challenging Bible trivia questions-is an exciting extension of the network's new hit original series. The game has already attracted over 200,000 users, with over 2 million gameplays and currently ranks as the No. 1 bible trivia game and among the top 10 free trivia games on the iPhone.
The series garnered the network's highest delivery in its 17-year history with 1.7 million total viewers for its series premiere at 8 pm ET on Thursday, August 23rd and reaching over 2 million viewers for its first night. Since its record-setting debut, THE AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE has continued to draw new viewers to the show, now reaching 7.6 million total viewers. THE AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE airs all-new episodes every Thursday at 8 pm ET/PT.
To access the game on Facebook or download the free mobile app from the Apple iTunes store, visit: http://gsntv.com/bible-games.
With THE AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE GAME, players can:
· Play seamlessly across multiple platforms (Facebook/iOS smartphones or tablets and Android)
· Enjoy a variety of trivia challenges - multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, picture scramble and more - spanning the entire Bible
· Unlock new rounds and new levels of increasingly challenging questions
· Earn extra points by completing rounds quickly
· Check the leaderboards to compare scores with friends
· Share scores and challenge friends on Facebook
· Learn from incorrect answers via the "Bible Study" feature powered by American Bible Society
· View exclusive content provided by American Bible Society
· Watch episode recaps of THE AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE
· Learn more about contestants and their charities
· Play anonymously on the app without logging on
Comedian and author Jeff Foxworthy hosts THE AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE, a studio-based game in which contestants compete based on their knowledge of the Bible. Utilizing current as well as historical references, questions are drawn from the rich, dense narrative found in the world's best-selling book. The contestants share their compelling back-stories and each team plays for a charity. THE AMERICAN BIBLE CHALLENGE is produced by RelativityREAL for GSN.
Headquartered in Manhattan, the 196-year-old American Bible Society exists to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message. One of the nation's oldest nonprofit organizations, today's American Bible Society provides interactive, high- and low-tech resources enabling first-time readers and seasoned theologians alike to engage with the best-selling book of all time.
GSN is a multimedia entertainment company that offers original and classic game programming and competitive entertainment via its 75-million subscriber television network and online game sites. GSN's cross-platform content gives game lovers the opportunity to win cash and prizes, whether through GSN's popular TV game shows or through GSN Digital's free casual games, mobile and social games, and cash competitions. GSN is distributed throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Canada by all major cable operators, satellite providers and telcos. GSN and its subsidiary, WorldWinner.com, Inc., are owned by DIRECTV and Sony Pictures Entertainment. For further information, visit www.gsntv.com.