FOX Wraps Season as No. 2 Network in Adults 18-49
As the Nielsen broadcast season comes to a close, FOX Broadcasting Company (FOX) is finishing the season as the No. 2 network among Adults 18-49, steady in that core demographic and up +4% in Total Viewers compared to the previous year. Key highlights for FOX originals included:
- The No. 1 new unscripted series with Adults 18-49 (MASTERCHEF JUNIOR)
- The No. 2 new drama with Adults 18-49 (SLEEPY HOLLOW)
- The most-watched TV telecast of all time (SUPER BOWL XLVIII)
- The Golden Globe for Best Television Series - Comedy or Musical
- 7 of the Top 25 comedies on television
- 4 of the Top 25 dramas on television
- 7 of the Top 25 unscripted shows on television
In addition, FOX set broadcast industry records once again in the younger adult and teen demos, winning its 12th consecutive season among Adults 18-34, its 14th straight victory among Teens.
Weekly Highlights For The Week of May 12 - May 18, 2014
· 4 of the Top 20 programs among Adults 18-49: 24: AMERICAN IDOL-WED (No. 14), Family Guy (No. 16 tie), AMERICAN IDOL-THUR (No. 16 tie) and 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY (No. 16 tie).
· 1 of the Top 20 programs among Total Viewers: AMERICAN IDOL-WED (No. 19).
Monday: FOX ranked third in nightly prime among Adults 18-49 (1.8/5). Bones (1.7/5) increased two-tenths from its most recent original (1.5/5 on 4/21/14). At 9pm, week two of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY delivered a 2.0/6.
Thursday: FOX (1.9/6) once again ranked as the No. 2 broadcast network among Adults 18-49 on Thursday. HELL'S KITCHEN (1.7/6) gained +13% from its performance the previous week. At 9pm, AMERICAN IDOL-THU (2.0/6) built four-tenths (+25%) from the previous week's half-hour results show.
Friday: An encore of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY (0.4/2) led in to the season finale of Kitchen Nightmares (0.9/3).
Sunday: FOX (1.3/4) ranked third among Adults 18-49 in broadcast prime with the season finales of Bob's Burgers (0.9/4), AMERICAN DAD (1.2/4), The Simpsons (1.6/5) and Family Guy (2.0/6), followed by an original COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY (1.1/3) at 9pm.
MAY 12 - MAY 18, 2014
ADULTS 18?49 ADULTS 18?34 VIEWERS (Mil)
UNI 1.0/3 UNI 0.9/4 UNI 2.7
TEL 0.5/2 TEL 0.5/2 TEL 1.2