ABC Radio Announces End-Of-Year Programming 2017
As 2017 comes to an end, ABC Radio announces a full slate of end-of-year programming including five long-form programs featuring top news stories, major events and more from the past year; eight short-form series that focus on topics including news, politics, entertainment, sports and technology; and a three-hour country music special, "Country Hot List 2017," hosted by Matthew Ramsey and Brad Tursi of superstar country group Old Dominion.Long-Form Programs:
• Playback 2017 is a one-hour special anchored by ABC News Radio's Cheri Preston and Aaron Katersky featuring an inside look at the biggest stories of the year and the NEWSMAKERS behind those stories.
• 2017: As It Happened is a three-hour retrospective of some of 2017's top stories, as told through highlights of ABC News Radio's breaking news coverage. Hear how some of the biggest events of the year unfolded live on ABC News Radio.
• Powerhouse Politics 2017 in Review features interviews with the top political NEWSMAKERS of the year in this "best of" edition of Powerhouse Politics with ABC News Chief White House correspondent Jonathan Karl and ABC News political director Rick Klein.
• Perspective, a special year-end edition of ABC News Radio's award-winning weekly news magazine.
• World News This Year takes a look back at the major news events of the past year in 2017's final edition of this weekly show. Short-Form Series:
• 2017 in Review takes a look back at the biggest stories of 2017 including the Las Vegas Mass Shooting; Violence in Charlottesville; Hurricanes Devastate Houston, Florida and Puerto Rico; Terror in 2017: London, Paris, Barcelona and more.
• 2017 in Sports features the biggest sports stories of the year and the athletes behind them including the Astros winning the World Series, the NFL players protesting by kneeling during the national anthem, the Penguins winning the Stanley Cup and more.
• 2017 in Entertainment features the headline grabbers of 2017 including sexual assault and harassment across media, The Year in Music, The Year in TV and more.
• 2017 in Politics looks at the biggest political stories in a very busy first year for President Donald Trump including The Russia Investigation, North Korea, Healthcare and more.
• Tech Trends 2017 takes a look at which tech trends succeeded, which ones failed and how technology continues to change our daily lives.
• Health Trends 2017 features the biggest health-related breakthroughs and takeaways from ABC News chief medical correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton.
• Law and Justice 2017 In Review takes a look back at some of the most important and interesting court cases and judicial action from 2017 including the Bill Cosby Mistrial, Travel Ban and more.
• 2017 Year-End Tax Tips provides a helpful guide to year-end financial and tax planning. ABC Radio's three-hour country music special, "Country Hot List 2017," will be hosted by Matthew Ramsey and Brad Tursi of superstar country group Old DOMINION and feature a roundup of this year's hottest songs and artists. The special will feature artists Sam Hunt, Kane Brown, Kelsea Ballerini, Thomas Rhett, Jon Pardi and Old Dominion. About ABC Radio ABC Radio syndicates America's largest commercial radio news network, ABC News Radio, along with the ABC Radio Lifestyle and Entertainment network, ABC Sports Radio and ABC Radio Digital to over 1650 radio stations and multiple digital distributors. ABC Radio reaches more than 73-million listeners each week across broadcast and digital audio platforms. ABC Radio is part of the Disney ABC Television Group. For more information: www.abcradio.com.