18th Annual San Francisco Comedy Adds Busy Philipps, Ron Funches, and More
SF Sketchfest presented by Audible announces additions to THE LINEUP for the 18th annual San Francisco Comedy Festival January 10-27, 2019. The 17-day festival of more than 200 shows features major comedy stars and the best up-and-coming comedians from around the world performing in venues across the city bringing non-stop entertainment including sketch, stand-up, alternative comedy, music, improv, films, tributes, live podcasts, storytelling, family shows, workshops, panels and more. Tickets for all previously announced shows now on sale at sfsketchfest.com. Round Two shows go on sale this Friday at 10am PT / 1pm ET at sfsketchfest.com.
- Four Kids, One Dumb Night: SF Sketchfest celebrates the 35th Anniversary of The Kids in the Hall and the release of author Paul Myers' new biography, "Kids in the Hall: One Dumb Guy". Dave Foley, Kevin McDonald, Mark McKinney and Scott Thompson join Paul Myers for a conversation about the group's beginnings, followed by a screening of their cult classic film "Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy".
- Puddles Pity Party: The 'Sad Clown with the Golden Voice' brings heartfelt anthems and a suitcase full of Kleenex for a show peppered with a brilliant sense of the absurd, mixing lots of humor with the awkward, tender moments.
- "Crashing" Live with Pete Holmes, Judd Apatow and Madeline Wise: an in-depth and hilarious conversation plus a few surprises with the team behind HBO's hit show "Crashing".
- An Evening with Baroness Von Sketch: Spend an evening with Aurora Browne, Meredith MacNeill and Jennifer Whalen, members of the award-winning CBC/IFC series "Baroness von Sketch Show" for an inside look at the weird and wonderful world created by this all-female comedy powerhouse.
- Gettin' Better with Ron Funches: Live podcast taping with actor/comedian/writer Ron Funches
- Brunches with Funches: Giggles & Nibbles: Join Ron Funches and his friends (including Hari Kondabolu) as they perform comedy while you nibble on assorted brunch delectables.
- Busy Tonight: Join host Busy Philipps and her special guests for this very special SF Sketchfest live adaptation of her hit E! talk show "Busy Tonight".
- Rhea Butcher: Headlining stand-up from the comedian and "Take My Wife" co-creator & co-star.
- James Adomian: Comedian and actor known for his standup, characters and impressions takes the stage for a headlining show.
- Jordan, Jesse, Go!: Live taping of the freewheeling comedy podcast about life in your twenties and everything else with hosts Jesse Thorn and Jordan Morris.
- Best of Edinburgh International Spotlight: Gina Yashere, with Karinda Dobbins
- Jak Night & Zack Fox: Cancelled Comedy Tour: Stand up, music and interviews, everything is on the table for this variety show hosted by Jak Night and Zack Fox.
- SF Sketchfest Threesome: Jackie Kashian, Andy Kindler & Kevin Pollak
- Kevin McDonald Improv and Sketch Workshop: Kevin McDonald of Kids in the Hall brings his sold out workshop back to SF Sketchfest for a 5th year.
- Impro Theatre: Twilight Zone UnScripted with Edi Patterson and more
- The Crossword Show with Zach Sherwin
- THUNDERBULGE: LA's Most Electrifying Comedy Male Revue
- Greetings, From Queer Mountain with Michael Foulk and more
- Thinkers + Drinkers with Robert Strong
- Tilda Swinton Answers an Ad on Craigslist with Tom Lenk (Second show)
Previously announced performers at SF Sketchfest 2019 presented by Audible include: Carol Burnett, Margaret Cho, W. Kamau Bell, Julie Klausner, Bruce Campbell, Bill Plympton, "Best In Show", "Superstore", Tony Hale, Felicia Day, Peaches Christ, The Milk Carton Kids, Paul Scheer, Busy Philipps, David Cross, Big Terrific with Jenny Slate, Gabe Liedman & Max Silvestri, John Hodgman, Paul F. Tompkins, Janeane Garofalo, Wajattta Featuring Reggie Watts & John Tejada, Wayne Brady, Michael Ian Black, Todd Barry, Sasheer Zamata, Peter Riegert, Hope Davis, Dana Gould, Jon Glaser,, Simon Helberg, Grace Helbig, Mamrie Hart, On Cinema Live, Doug Benson, Natasha Leggero, Moshe Kasher, Adam Savage, Jen Kirkman, "West Wing Weekly", Aparna Nancherla, Lauren Lapkus, Martha Kelly, Mary Lynn Rajskub, "Schitt's Creek", Gustafer Yellowgold, Kevin Pollak, Laraine Newman, The Kondabolu Brothers, Jimmy Pardo, Upright Citizens Brigade, "Futurama", "I'm Sorry", Rifftrax and much, much more.
Find the SF Sketchfest 2019 schedule at www.sfsketchfest.com.
Lineups are subject to change.
All shows are ticketed separately and on sale now at www.sfsketchfest.com.'