Miss Velvet & The Blue Wolf Join George Clinton Tour
Miss Velvet and the Blue Wolf have announced the first details of their upcoming 2018 US tour as opening act to legendary group George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. The tour is taking place in conjunction with the release of their highly anticipated debut album BAD GET SOME with Isotopia Records. The 'George Clinton Mardi Gras Tour' will be Miss Velvet & The Blue Wolf's first US tour. The 32 city coast to coast tour begins on December 29th in New Orlean's iconic venue Tipitinia and finishing on March 28th at the House of Blues San Diego. Full list below.
The American Indie Rock/Funk band have been described as 'if the 70's band Chicago and Led Zeppelin had a baby with Janis Joplin, you would get Miss Velvet and the Blue Wolf.' Wowing audiences in NYC, Austin TX, Tallin Music Week and several festivals in Europe, this 8piece powerhouse of a band chose Detroit Michigan's iconic United Sound Studio, home to Red Hot Chili Peppers, George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic to record their debut 10 track album, BAD GET SOME which was released Oct 27th 2017 on Isotopia Records.
The group is lead by native New Yorker Miss Velvet on vocals. The talented Blue Wolf Band - consist of Constance Hauman, Nick Carbone, James Jones, Henry Ott, Jehiah Bray, Trevor Neumann and Dan Levine - who all infuse their unique and infectious blend of rock, soul and funk throughout the album, inspired by the jaw-dropping vocals of frontwoman Miss Velvet.
With their debut showcase single, "Dare," Miss Velvet and the Blue Wolf take the listener on a journey back to the days of psychedelic rock. The group spent months in the Detroit studio recording and living together just like the bands of the '70s, giving them the opportunity to define their much-talked-about sound. The band traveled to Estonia, to film their music video 'DARE' which was released worldwide November 11th.
BAD GET SOME is available digitally on iTunes, Apple Music Spotify Deezer, Quobuz, Tidal and Amazon Music. The vinyl album is also available now for pre-order on Amazon Music, Best Buy and Barnes & Noble.
Miss Velvet and The Blue Wolf held a summer 2017 residency at NYC's Rockwood Music Hall, also opened for Charles Bradley, The Wallflowers and most recently for the band that inspired them to go to Detroit's United Sound: George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, who welcomed them on stage to open for them at BB King's NYC for the Halloween Funkdown and at the historic Howard Theatre in Washington DC. on Nov. 3rd 2017.
- Fri 12/29/17 New Orleans, LA Tipitina's
- Sat 12/30/17 New Orleans, LA Tipitina's
- Wed 1/31/18 Chicago, IL Thalia Hall
- Thu 2/1/18 Lima, OH The Veterans Memorial Civic and Convention Center
- Fri 2/2/18 Milwaukee, WI The Pabst Theater
- Sat 2/3/18 Grand Rapids, MI 20 Monroe Live
- Wed 2/7/18 Warrendale, PA Jergel's Rhythm Grille
- Thu 2/8/18 Glenside, PA Keswick Theatre
- Fri 2/9/18 Leesburg, VA Tally Ho Theatre
- Sat 2/10/18 Charlotte, NC The Fillmore Charlotte
- Tue 2/13/18 New York, NY B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
- Thu 2/15/18 Washington, DC The Howard Theatre
- Fri 2/16/18 Baltimore, MD Rams Head Live!
- Sat 2/17/18 Boston, MA House of Blues, Boston
- Sun 2/18/17 Huntington, NY The Paramount
- Fri 2/23/18 Nashville, TN Topgolf Music
- Sat 2/24/18 Raleigh, NC The Ritz
- Sun 2/25/18 Atlanta, GA Buckhead Theatre
- Thu 3/1/18 Memphis, TN The New Daisy Theatre
- Fri 3/2/18 Houston, TX House Of Blues, Houston
- Sat 3/3/18 Dallas, TX House Of Blues, Dallas
- Sun 3/4/18 New Orleans, LA Joy Theater
- Thu 3/8/18 Detroit, MI Sound Board at the MotorCIty Casino Hotel
- Sun 3/11/18 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre
- Fri 3/16/18 San Francisco, CA Folsom Theater
- Sat 3/17/18 Napa Valley, CA The Blue Note
- Wed 3/21/18 Portland, OR Roseland Theater
- Thu 3/22/18 Bend, OR Midtown Ballroom
- Sat 3/24/18 Seattle, WA Showbox SODO
- Sun 3/25/18 Bellingham, WA Wild Buffalo House of Music
- Wed 3/28/18 San Diego, CA House of Blues San Diego
- Fri 3/30/18 San Luis Obispo, CA The Fremont Theater
- Sat 3/31/18 Las Vegas, NV (Venue TBA)