Tropicana Field's New Concepts And Menu Items From Centerplate To Knock It Out Of The Park In 2015
Centerplate, the hospitality partner of the Tampa Bay Rays, unveiled its enhancements to the fan experience at Tropicana Field this season for Opening Day. Local cuisine and brews headline the additions with staple ballpark fare getting a new twist.
"The Cuban sandwich has long been a signature menu item at Rays games; however, it's been our goal to offer more food and beverage options that reflect Tampa Bay's strong and growing local food culture," said Centerplate General Manager John Cirelli. "We're committed to giving fans a taste of the diverse Tampa Bay community."
Top new additions for the 2015 season include local favorites:
- Taco Bus will serve up fresh tacos and burritos located in Center Field Street.
- Ricky P's Orleans Bistro - will feature their signature Po'Boys with choice of fried shrimp or catfish also located in Center Field Street.
- Pili's Potatoes Herminio Itier, chef to the Rays players, will serve his signature baked potatoes from the smoker topped with a choice of beef, chicken or pork along with bacon, broccoli, onions, tomatoes and cheese located in Right Field Street.
- Craft Beer Stands in RF Street and the Third Base Food Court will serve offerings from local breweries Big Storm Brewing, Cigar City, Coppertail, Cycle, Florida Avenue, Green Bench, Sea Dog and 3 Daughters.
- Skyway Bistro on the mezzanine level will offer fresh gourmet sandwiches and made-to-order margherita or Thai chicken flatbreads.
New additions to the restaurant and suite menus include:
- Everglades' Roadhouse Mac Dog Half pound all-beef grilled Kayem frank topped with creamy mac n' cheese, red jalapenos and crispy onion straws.
- Everglades Moonshine Bourbon, lemonade, a splash of Pepsi and a house-smoked candied bacon swizzle stick served in an Everglades BBQ Co. mason jar.
- Ybor City Chicken (suites) Chicken drummettes stewed in a piquant tomato sauce with chorizo, golden raisins and Spanish olives over yellow rice.
- Miso Roasted Shiitake Steamed Buns (suites) Pickled red cabbage, grilled scallions, fresh cilantro and sticky soy glaze.
Other signature items not to miss at Tropicana Field include:
- Cuban Sandwich Roasted pork, sliced ham, salami, Swiss cheese, pickles and mustard sauce, grilled on authentic Cuban bread.
- Mac Bat Creamy mac n' cheese with your choice of bacon, chili or tomato, served to-go in an edible rolled flatbread "cone."
- Blue Storm a light and refreshing cocktail of white rum, blue lemonade and a squeeze of fresh lime, served in a souvenir Blue Storm cup.
Centerplate is a global leader in live event hospitality, "Making It Better To Be There " for more than 115 million guests each year at more than 300 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America, Europe and the United Kingdom. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 22 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Visit the company online at Centerplate.com, or connect via Twitter @centerplate or Facebook/centerplate.