what's to be done with really stupid posters?

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
no not the ones you see on your wall, but the ones that seem to gravitate to message boards like flies to feces. ignore them? mock them? abuse them mercilessly? what about when they are too stupid to even understand what's being said about them?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Perhaps you could post a thread asking what should be done with them. That's always an option.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
nah, too cliched.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think, if you can't set LizzieCurry on 'em, it's best to ignore 'em. If you're not going to get a massively entertaining drama-llama trainwreck out of them, then they're not worth your time.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah, i'm getting that. they're too dumb to be helped and generally don't even understand the abuse you hurl at them. but, still, it can be fun.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You try scrubbing and soaking, but still..

crap around the collar.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Really stupid posters?"

Mostly, I just try to ignore papa, but it's important to call him on his stupidity every now and then.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I still think it's important to address stupid THOUGHTS (even if you're the only one who perceives the stupidity,) but perhaps less emphasis on what you think of who made them would keep discussions more on track?
Not Barker, Todd. Profile PhotoNot Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't know Papa, what do we do with you?
PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
Well, I say we hire a couple'a wranglers to go upstairs and beat the sh*t out of him.
SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile PhotoSpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We mock them. Just lookk at Chenzel. She thought we all liked her.
He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I say we run over them with our strollers!
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Mekroth
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Kill them in their sleep.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
roro, you haven't ignored anything i've posted in months ya lying pissant.

barker? who let you out of the word association thread? and who told you anyone gave a flying f*ck what you thought?

dg, i agree that it's stupid thoughts, but sometimes over time you see that it's not just one thought or set of thoughts that a poster expresses that denotes them as a moron. once a pattern emerges it becomes impossible to ignore that it's not just a few ideas, but rather an entire mind that's corrupt. don't we owe it to that person to point out to them the folly of their entire belief system through systematic mocking and taunting?

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Forced sterilization, to ensure their genes go no further?
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So Papa. Enough of this ****footing:

Who exactly are the really stupid posters you have in mind?

Edit -- I can't believe they removed the word that begins with P and continues with a "U" and a double "S" and ends with "Y" from the above. Can we add this silly bit of censorship to Papa's forthcoming list of stupidity?
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 3/26/08 at 09:06 AM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hah! a clever ruse, roscoe! attempting to get me to name names, well i'll have you know that i won't be cowed by your mccarthian tactics!

ye shall know them by their actions.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Damn. Papa saw through my "Clear Request For Straightforward Information" ruse! Horrors, he's too clever for all of us!
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 3/26/08 at 10:03 AM
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, Phyllis obviously isn't one of them - no one who quotes 9 To 5 can be bad.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I console myself with the fact that the really stupid ones are just bitter queens who don't even live in New York.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Updated On: 3/26/08 at 10:26 AM
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
true Joe, but we both know that some of them are bitter queens who DO live in NY.
....but the world goes 'round
Kasie Profile PhotoKasie Profile Photo
Kasie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hmmm...I don't live in New York.
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
To say nothing of Cruel Sandwich.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
taz, i'm thinkin' he was using that doggone joe-esque sarcasm agin'.

he's not gonna slip another of those past me now that i'm lookin' for 'em.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Not Barker, Todd. Profile PhotoNot Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
barker? who let you out of the word association thread?

A little birdy.

and who told you anyone gave a flying f*ck what you thought?

A bigger birdy.
PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-