Anti-gay Oregon lawmaker: violent backlash awaits gays asking for civil rights

romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My, my, these bigots are getting bold.

The local LGBT publication Just Out, managed to snare an interview with George, and he had quite a lot to say about the uppity homos. A snippet.

Just Out: What sort of special rights do you feel that the Oregon Equality Act offers?

George: First off, I thought that was a fabrication of definition, in the sense that you gave special rights, it picks out another group, a lifestyle group, and says hmm, you have all these protections. The main thing that bothered us with the whole bill was the fact that here we go again, adding one more class of people that need to have special rights.

Just Out: What if an employee is fired because of his/her sexual orientation or gender identity? Isn't the Oregon Equality Act in place to guard against such discrimination?

George: As an employer, I don't wanna hear about it. This workplace is for work purposes. My advice to the gay community is SHUT UP, just don't talk about it. If you walk around talking about what you do in the bedroom, you should be on the pervert channel.

Just Out: What is your reaction to the recent murders of out gay youth in Florida and California?

George: Obviously murder is murder, there's no excuse for that. Here's what I'm saying, I think we're seeing a backlash, in other words if you push me too hard don't be surprised if I react. Gays will tend to react violently if people are oppressive toward them. If gays are oppressive toward straights, then you'll see a violent backlash. You're going to have a point where these groups develop and say I'm tired of these special privileges.

Jesus. These are truly hateful people. You have to wonder what this man would do if he had a child who didn't' fit gender norms, or was gay/lesbian. This man is justifying the tragic deaths of people because of discomfort some have with extending basic civil rights to a group of taxpaying citizens. This is sick

(more)

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=4804
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Gays will tend to react violently if people are oppressive toward them."

Oh, really?
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ugh, people giving my home state a bad name, LOVELY.

First Lon Mabon, now this douche bag.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If it makes you feel better Liverpool there are jerks everywhere you go nowadays! This guy and Sally Kern make a lovely pair. Is it me or is there a lot of hatred lately in the news towards gays? I mean more so than usual.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
tis an election cycle romantico
WindyCityActor Profile PhotoWindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yep....I'm reaching that level...
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I guess we're being too "uppity," and we should know our place.

I think these people don't believe that people are gay AT ALL-that we're like people who choose to be crackheads or those who want to practice on chickens. It is beyond their comprehension that people are born gay and that's part of the "grand design." I guess they're either so repulsed by the act or so fascinated by it that they've raised it to operatic heights.

Trust me, anal sex can be just as ordinary as vaginal...i assume...
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'd love to hear Obama, McCaine, or Clinton speak out about this sort of ting but Liver Pool is right. Its just too damn risky!
morosco Profile Photomorosco Profile Photo
morosco
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If you walk around talking about what you do in the bedroom, you should be on the pervert channel.

Does Comcast offer the pervert channel?
One Song Glory Profile PhotoOne Song Glory Profile Photo
One Song Glory
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yeah, because when people are being oppressive to me, I just grin and bare it. *rolls eyes*
I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.
MisterRussell Profile PhotoMisterRussell Profile Photo
MisterRussell
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I'm with Liverpool. One cowardly idiot who won't use his last name in print does not speak for all Oregonians, gay, striaght or otherwise.
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's borderline criminal--he's threatening to incite violence...if the 'mos said "IF we don't get our rights, there will be a violent backlash," what would be THEIR response?

I was watching a roundtable discussion on PBS with a group of "ordinary" Americans and when asked about Obama's speech one of the white men seemed very threatened and it occurred to me (I don't know why it never hit me before) just how MUCH people's political views are shaped by their self interests. Duh....

I think Str8 WASP men are afraid of social change because they THINK they "lose out." They don't ever lose anything...
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
From the Internet:

Dear Mr. Sprigg,

The Family Research Council has lots and lots of money and can raise even more. If you wish to export LBGT to another country, I would suggest you start offering college/vocational scholarships to LBGT persons.
After graduation, Canada would be happy to import those useful queer diploma holders. And I promise you, we'd never come back.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Sprigg,

Can your organization please hook me up with a job, a sponsor, and an immigration lawyer in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Berlin, or Amsterdam?

Thanks,
A homosexual who is tired of the USA
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Man, what is with all these homophobes? They are coming out of the closet spewing hate non stop!
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
like i said, it's amn election cycle
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They're sexually frustated bossy bottoms?
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"They're sexually frustated bossy bottoms? "

Well, you don't see ME acting a fool.
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
""They're sexually frustated bossy bottoms? "

Well, you don't see ME acting a fool. "

HA!!! Im there with you lildogs!

Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm not all that bossy.
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Only when I need to bere: Anti-gay Oregon lawmaker: violent backlash awaits gays asking for civil
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I didn't think you were all that frustrated either, Cal.
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not until the last six months or so!
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maby you should help eachother out on that one!=-)
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2 bottoms do not make a top.