Page: 1

Drag Queens are NOT to be Messed With!

romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Drag Queens are NOT to be Messed With!#1
Posted: 3/15/08 at 7:38pm
God, I LOVE this video! You go girl!!!!!

The one and only Mimi Plastique! This is what happens when homophobia rears its ugly head on a train in Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKdcJfIM-tE
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She sounds like Lady Chablis.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Homophobia? The guy apparently asked her to be quiet and she unleashes a stream of obscenities and threatens him with mace (You can see her shaking it in her right hand as she screetches at him). I would have called the police. Love to see how the cops would have enjoyed her "performance."

It took me back to all the bad old rides on that very El line when drunks would get on the train looking for a fight. I remember one horrific bus ride where a very large man urinated all over passengers as we tried to get to work. Ah, those were the days!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The beginning was cut out. Where did he ask her to be quiet? I must have missed that part. I think she handled it very well. She didn't back down and she called him out on his $hit! I bet he was terrified inside acting all tough on the outside.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's hard to hear but I think the man is saying "Keep it down" as she SCREAMED AND YELLED obscenities.

Please explain how she "Handled it very well." What "****' did she call him out on? I imagine he WAS terrified- an obviously mentally ill transvestite is threatening him with mace.

I tend to "side" with the person who is doing the activity normally expected of the location. He is riding the El Train. The drag queen is putting on a show to post on You Tube. I wonder how Mimi would react if the gentleman rode a train through Circuit while she was lip synching to a Whitney song?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
gotta agree with Joe.....I see no homophobia, I see someone swearing, and being an ass....and it's not the guy in the back.
Sounds more like she's pissed because someone was trying to just enjoy their ride home, and then had to deal with whatever was going in.....which could have been resolved by letting the few (I saw 2) people know on the El that they were going to be filming.
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956