Page: 1

Hillary and Health Care

Luscious Profile PhotoLuscious Profile Photo
Luscious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hillary and Health Care#1
Posted: 3/8/08 at 8:57am
Finally got around to watching Michael Moore's documentary SICKO last night; a film that, as I recall, was generally lauded by both Democrats and Republicans. I found this clip particularly interesting and, admittedly, a little surprising. Did Hillary sell out? If she couldn't deliver universal health care when she was First Lady, why should I believe that she'll be able to deliver it as President; or any of her other campaign promises for that matter?

"For her silence, Hillary was rewarded, and she became the second largest recipient in the Senate of health care industry contributions."

And for the record, no, I don't believe that Hillary is a monster; just the same ol' same ol'. And that's why I'm rooting for Obama. That and my belief that he stands a better chance of winning against McCain.

Michael Moore on Hillary and Health Care
Express Yourself!
Updated On: 3/8/08 at 08:57 AM
TheHumanTorch Profile PhotoTheHumanTorch Profile Photo
TheHumanTorch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#2
Posted: 3/8/08 at 9:52am
my issue with Clinton and health care is that back in the early 90s she decided to play co-president and take on the issue of universal health care. We therefore have seen her take on the role of president and we have seen her categorically fail in that sort of leadership position. She failed so miserably and undeniably that the issue of universal health care hasn't been seriously addressed in the 15 years since that failure! I don't understand why we as a country put so much emphasis on Clinton's experience as a first lady, when looking back to her time "in office," we have undeniable proof of her incompetence in that position. I understand that people blame it on angry Republicans being threatened and doing anything to stop her... but isn't that the same sort of opposition she would face starting in 2009?
Updated On: 3/8/08 at 09:52 AM
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#2
Posted: 3/8/08 at 9:57am
You hit the nail on the head.
Poster Emeritus
cubanpab Profile Photocubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#3
Posted: 3/8/08 at 10:22am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkaRhPxJIh4&eurl=http://thepeoplesplatform.blogspot.com/2008/02/michael-moore-exposes-hillary-clinton.html

i think michael moore quickly sums up why i prefer obama to clinton... not saying i hate her, altho she's certainly made me very angry lately, but this is exactly why i prefer obama...
Updated On: 3/8/08 at 10:22 AM
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#4
Posted: 3/8/08 at 11:02am
Pardon me for interrupting your circle jerk, but another way to look at it is that the Clintons went into DC naive and full of hope and the desire to change change change.

And it backfired. That's not how things work. No matter how much hope you have.

Obama is the Clintons of 92/93. Hillary is the Clintons of today--lessons learned. PRACTICAL plans in mind. Not naive, idealistic plans.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#5
Posted: 3/8/08 at 11:39am
isn't that the same sort of opposition she would face starting in 2009?

No, not at all.

Why would you think the Congress of 2009 would react the same way that the 1992 Congress reacted? That makes no sense.

The makeup of the two Congresses are so different, and the will of the people is now FOR universal health care, whereas it was frightened of it then.
cubanpab Profile Photocubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#6
Posted: 3/8/08 at 12:01pm
pardon me for thinking obamas health care plan is just a bit more "practical" than hers...
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 12:07pm
Really? Because I don't want to pay for my healthcare and then have to pay for the medical expenses of that 15 MILLION people.

Granted, they will be paying fines when they have an emergency, so that might have me pay less.

Maybe Medicaid and Social Security should be like Obama's plan. Then I can pay for the retirement of all those people who chose not to give into the system. That would be SUPER DUPER.
Luscious Profile PhotoLuscious Profile Photo
Luscious
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#8
Posted: 3/8/08 at 9:05pm
The most disturbing aspect of the story to me isn't that she failed to deliver universal health care or that the Republicans made it impossible for her to do so. The most disturbing aspect to me is that she was the second largest recipient in the Senate of health care industry contributions. Thereís no question in my mind that if she becomes the democratic nominee, or wins the Presidency, the Republicans are going to go after her as hard, or harder, as they went after Bill. I just canít bear the thought of having to endure another 4-8 years of Clinton controversy and scandal, be it real or imagined.

Express Yourself!
Updated On: 3/8/08 at 09:05 PM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#9
Posted: 3/8/08 at 11:08pm
Obama claims he is on the side of people fighting credit-card debt, yet the credit-card companies are his 2nd largest bloc of contributors, and he voted against setting a cap on interest fees.

That's the most disturbing part of his campaign to me, yet the press and his supporters give him a complete pass on that issue.

Oh--and by the way--it's a fact that if he becomes the nominee, the Republican 527s are gearing up to hit him with with a force uglier than anything ever unleashed against the Clintons.

If you can't bear the thought of having to endure another 4-8 years of Republican-driven Clinton scandal, don't for a moment imagine you'll get any better from 4-8 years of Obama scandal.
Updated On: 3/9/08 at 11:08 PM
munkustrap178 Profile Photomunkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#10
Posted: 3/8/08 at 11:15pm
There is nothing "practical" about Obama.
"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hillary and Health Care#11
Posted: 3/8/08 at 11:21pm
Make no mistake- Jesus himself could be the Democratic nominee and the Republicans would smear him with everything they've got.

No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.