Page: 1

FBI wants $1 billion to create database of all Americans physical characteristics

StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The FBI is gearing up to create a massive computer database of people's physical characteristics, all part of an effort the bureau says to better identify criminals and terrorists.

The FBI wants to use eye scans, combined with other data, to help identify suspects.

But it's an issue that raises major privacy concerns -- what one civil liberties expert says should concern all Americans.

The bureau is expected to announce in coming days the awarding of a $1 billion, 10-year contract to help create the database that will compile an array of biometric information -- from palm prints to eye scans.

Oh, Big Brother.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Mythus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And they'll call it "Facebook".

Good luck with that, FBI.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why doesn't Goth say THIS is dictatorship?
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
One billion - that's so little? Can't the FBI squeeze more out fo Bush? Bush has a budget of a few trillion he's trying to spend before he leaves office.

It's like Brewster's Millions in his office
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
LePetiteFromage
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/4/08 at 9:13pm
Updated On: 1/27/09 at 09:13 PM
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aren't all of our ID photos on record?
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This has WAY more to do with a Bush crony getting a $1 billion contract and tracking enemies of government and industry than "fighting crime."
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I for one am glad. President Clinbama is going to need everything we've got to fight these terrorists. President Clnbama has many enemies and they will need to be put down by any means necessary so that we can all be free.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Pippin Profile PhotoPippin Profile Photo
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this may be a little far fetched for people; I'm not sure how much of it I believe, but I do think it's at the very least plausbile, and causes me concern, especially when I see these kinds of headlines.
link to controversial video
"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Aren't all of our ID photos on record?"

Yes. And if you've ever been to a concert or sports event, your face has been photographed and stored.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.