Page: 1

Romney and Huckabee Fight It Out Over...FRIED CHICKEN?

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In the end, this is what the Republican Party comes down to: fried chicken.

===

January 28, 2008
Huckabee challenges Romney over fried chicken
Posted: 09:01 AM ET

Romney and Huckabee Fight It Out Over...FRIED CHICKEN?
Romney stopped in at a KFC over the weekend.

PENSACOLA, Florida (CNN) – Mitt Romney's failure to eat fried chicken with the skin on is nothing short of blasphemy here in the South, according to GOP rival Mike Huckabee.

Romney, of Massachusetts, dug into a piece fried chicken at KFC while campaigning in Lutz, Florida on Saturday, but not before peeling off what most would consider the best part — the crispy skin.

Admittedly, KFC's chicken doesn't exactly stack up against the delectable kind that comes out of deep fryers in kitchens around the South, and Romney said he was looking for the healthiest option available to him for lunch.

Huckabee, looking ahead to a flotilla of southern states up for grabs on Super Tuesday, was told about the move by a reporter here in the Florida panhandle.

"I can tell you this," he said, "any Southerner knows if you don’t eat the skin don’t bother calling it fried chicken."

"So that's good. I'm glad that he did that, because that means I'm going to win Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma … all these great Southern states that understand the best part of fried chicken is the skin, if you're going to eat it that way."

Huckabee admitted that he hasn't eaten fried chicken in a while because of his weight loss program, preferring it broiled or baked instead.

And speaking of possible gaffes, a good Southerner might also dispute one of Huckabee's claims: since when is Oklahoma "a great southern state"?
Huckabee challenges Romney over fried chicken
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is this what passes for his sense of humor?
....but the world goes 'round
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is this from the Onion???

The formerly obese governor (who has spawned several obese children) and who's seven kinds of against childhood obeseity made this comment?

REALLY?????
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It wouldn't be as funny if it came from The Onion.

It's from CNN.

It's campaign news, for the GOP.
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just keep talkin' Huck...just keeeeeep talkin'.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
c'mon, folks. this is suprising? this is the man who bragged (!) to matt freakin'lauer on the today show of having fried squirrel in a popcorn popper.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Uh, Utah isn't in the South...neither is Massachusetts.

And being a native Okie, there ain't nothing great about Oklahoma except "Many A New Day"
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That harsh KFC lighting is not kind to the fabled Romney dye job.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali
Updated On: 1/28/08 at 02:50 PM
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If Mitt was smart he woulda gone to Chik-Fil-A--that's his base!
WindyCityActor Profile PhotoWindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Claude Perkins: You'll never guess what I had for dinner tonight, so I'm just going to tell you.

Gaetano Proclo: I beg your pardon?

Claude Perkins: A nice ground-pork meatloaf with mozzarella, mashed potatoes covered with gobs of gravy, carrots floating in butter and chunks of avocado with roquefort dressing. Couldn't you just die?

Gaetano Proclo: I don't know what I could just.

Claude Perkins: And then for dessert German choclate cake with two scoops of mocha walnut ice cream.

From THE RITZ
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is that where they got the Perkins restaurant chain?
WindyCityActor Profile PhotoWindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Get away from me, Claude!!!!
Updated On: 1/29/08 at 03:10 PM
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I guess that since the actual Colonel is long since dead, it's no longer a political act to eat Kentucky Fried Chicken- but for many years Democratic politicians made sure to do a photo Op with the staunchly Democratic Colonel Sanders. People really did care about that sort of thing.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.