Page: 1

Jonas Brothers

brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jonas Brothers#1
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:29am
My daughter wants me to go in sub-zero weather tomorrow and wait in line for tickets! She is relentless. Who are these kids?
miss pennywise Profile Photomiss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#2
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:34am
Brd, don't you watch Nickelodeon????

They're the opening act for Hannah Montana (or whatever her real name is) on her tour.

My assessment: not worth getting frost-bitten for. re: Jonas Brothers
"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars
Atrias Profile PhotoAtrias Profile Photo
Atrias
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#2
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:36am
Aren't they owned by Disney? They kind of seem like the new Hanson brothers.
neddyfrank2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#3
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:37am
They are like the new N'Sync/Backstreet Boys.

I guarantee if you do this for your kids they will probably remember it for the rest of there lives. The time you took them out in FREEZING weather to get tickets for the Jonas Brothers.
Updated On: 1/19/08 at 12:37 AM
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#4
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:42am
I am not going, and I was just schooled on the seating arrangements of an arena in which I saw the Pumpkins and Peter Gabriel.
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#5
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:44am
OMG! OMG! OMG! They are like SOOOO worth it! Their vocals are kick ass and they are all like sooo hot! I mean it is so worth it to stand in line in freezing cold weather to watch them lip sync live. Not only that but the thought of all those screaming seven year old girls would be like so totally awesome. *okay, my fingers are hurting just typing this* Obviously I'm not a fan of the Disney kids but the pre-teen/early teen set loves them. They are clean cut boys who have cute little bubble gum tunes. I;m sure the tickets will sell out in minutes. Can you get the tickets online? Good luck. Hopefully you won't have to go to the concert too. mom
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#6
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:55am
Brd, do what you usually do: take them to the theatre. THAT'S what they'll remember for the rest for their lives!

~ Best12Bars
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#7
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:56am
SM, I was advised of the time and apparently I should "join" ticketmaster tonight.
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#8
Posted: 1/19/08 at 12:57am
Now, The Naked Brothers Band is another story!

~ Best12Bars
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#9
Posted: 1/19/08 at 1:06am
My nieces are obsessed with these kids. They made me play the additional digital extras on their Jonas Brother's cd. Then I helped them make a music video lip-syncing to one of their songs. Ok so they didn't make me play it, but I spoil them... re: Jonas Brothers I think it is funny that they are into their first boy group obsession.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#10
Posted: 1/19/08 at 1:09am
Hi, Gunny!

~ Best12Bars
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#11
Posted: 1/19/08 at 1:17am
I love 'em! I volunteered to take my Nephew's kids to the 3-D Hannah Montana Jonas Brothers concert film!

It takes me back to the good old days when music was good- Backstreet, New Kids...ah, to be young again.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#12
Posted: 1/19/08 at 1:24am
Hello Miss P. how's the family?
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
neddyfrank2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#14
Posted: 1/19/08 at 10:25pm
brdlwyr- Was it in Dallas?

From perezhilton.com

The Jonas Brothers were at it again, this time showing up for their concert ticket sales in Dallas on Saturday.

The boys surprised their throngs of screaming teenage girly fans by playing on an awning above the NOKIA Theater with camera crews from Ellen in tow. Look for footage from the surprise visit on the Ellen show this Monday.

JB was nice enough to stop on their way out and shake hands with some fans.

It's so nice to have positive role models for these kids. And they're cute too!

Updated On: 1/19/08 at 10:25 PM
BroomstickBoy Profile PhotoBroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#15
Posted: 1/19/08 at 11:44pm
Their version of "Poor Unfortunate Souls" is a guilty pleasure of mine. I think it's kinda cute.
I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#16
Posted: 1/19/08 at 11:49pm
I won't lie, they're cute (Joe is actually VERY cute- and my age! hehe). And they write very catchy songs.

That said... I feel like they're just another product of the Disney machine. Though I'm probably just bitter because they're always being called "the new Hanson" when in fact Hanson- who happens to be one of my favorite bands to this day- was and always has been MUCH more naturally talented than the JB. I'll give the JB props though for getting out there and writing their own music and playing instruments- it's cool that there's still YOUNG people who do that today :)
I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
picturetaker9211 Profile Photopicturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#17
Posted: 1/19/08 at 11:51pm
I love the Jonas Brothers! My sister is obsessed with them. I'm going to see the 3D movie that they're in with Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana with her. Their music is good. They're quite cute/adorable. They don't get in trouble. What's not to like?
"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner
Brave Sir Robin2 Profile PhotoBrave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#18
Posted: 1/20/08 at 1:45pm
They really bug me. So do the ones on Nickelodeon that are, like, 10. They're like Naked Borthers? THey sound like they are 35 years old.
"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#19
Posted: 1/20/08 at 3:01pm
Ok, I have a.. somewhat silly request for everyone who'se interested. haha.

So basically, on Z100 there's a video competition between Hanson (their video for "If Only") and and the Jonas Brothers (their video for "SOS"). And I usually wouldn't care a smidge about these things, but as a huge Hanson fan, I just hate the idea of the Jonas Brothers winning by a landslide just because all these little teenybopper kids think they're "zomg so hottt" haha. (not that Hanson isn't winning a bit right now, but they've been going back and forth a lot)

so, if anyone has the time and feels like voting, please go to
http://www.z100.com/cc-common/videos_on_demand/
on watch the videos (they're in a little section on the left hand side) and decide for yourself who you think is better musically :) If you honestly feel that the Jonas Brothers song is better, by all means, feel free to vote for them! But I just really don't think that most people who come at it from an objective point of view WOULD think the JB are better. To me, they're simply not on the same level as Hanson musically.

So.. yeah, I'd REALLY appreciate any votes, because.. it's just the idea of the thing! It may just be a silly z100 poll, but I still don't want to see Hanson get killed at the last minute thanks to all the teenyboppers who aren't judging based on music.
I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#20
Posted: 1/20/08 at 3:06pm
re: Jonas Brothers

The one in the middle has a striking resemblance to John Hensley.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
sesot Profile Photosesot Profile Photo
sesot
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#21
Posted: 1/20/08 at 5:29pm
My cousin is very into them; they are definitely the New Kids on The Block or NSYNC for her generation. She told me one or 2 of them got their start on Broadway.
ClumsyDude15 Profile PhotoClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Jonas Brothers#22
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:13am
" She told me one or 2 of them got their start on Broadway. "

Yeah, the one on the right end: Nick, he was in Les Mis and Beauty and The Beast.

I enjoy them, their music is fun and they seem like clean-cut kids and I enjoy their music. I got their CD for Christmas: I have my guilty pleasures. re: Jonas Brothers

They are also coming out with a Disney Original Movie called Camp Rock [a la High School Musical] and a sitcom called J.O.N.A.S [they play spies in high school, I think.]

Eh, I enjoy them and I'll tune in to check it all out.
Updated On: 1/22/08 at 09:13 AM