Flotilla DeBarge

Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flotilla DeBarge#1
Posted: 1/15/08 at 12:22pm
Anyone seen her?

Apparently she's back from PRISON with a new show!
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Updated On: 1/15/08 at 12:22 PM
Deena Jones
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#2
Posted: 1/15/08 at 12:43pm
I saw that on Play-by-play today! I'll check it out.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#2
Posted: 1/15/08 at 1:01pm
I LOVE her!

When I was in NY, she found out I was working on Hairspray, and she did this huge 'audition' at Splash, because she wanted to be in the show. I assumed she wanted to play Motor Mouth, but at the end of her 'audition', she screams out, "I don't wanna play Motor Mouth, I wanna be Little Inez!"

Everyone fell apart! I love her!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#3
Posted: 1/15/08 at 1:14pm
Love her too:
In this autobiographical musical essay (which includes versions of "Jailhouse Rock" and "The Cell Block Tango"), DeBarge dishes up her thoughts on the penal system, black injustice and lessons learned from a life hanging out in NYC's most glittery nightclubs and bars... to suddenly living life behind bars. Flotilla DeBarge: Freshly Released -- Black, Blessed & Free proves that this lady is black and better than ever!

19 West 24th St.
New York, NY 10010

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#4
Posted: 1/15/08 at 2:40pm
What was she in for?
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#5
Posted: 1/15/08 at 2:45pm
From play-by-play:

In September 2006, Flotilla DeBarge was arrested for assault with a high-heeled shoe in the West Village nightclub APT in self defense.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#6
Posted: 1/15/08 at 2:49pm
Oh, and from Wikipedia:

She has appeared in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar, Marci X, and the miniseries version of Angels in America. She has appeared on Broadway in The Threepenny Opera and performed a one-woman show, The Flotilla DeBarge Minstrel Show at Fez Under Time Cafe.

In 2005, an anti-fur ad from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) featured DeBarge dressed as Star Jones.[1][2] Jones threatened to sue PETA and DeBarge as a result of the ad.[3]

In September 2006, DeBarge was arrested for assault with a high-heeled shoe in APT, a West Village club.[4] [5] [6]

On May 8, 2007, DeBarge changed her original plea from not guilty to guilty for two counts of assault with intent to cause physical injury with a weapon. Sentencing was scheduled for July 11, 2007.[7]

She just completed a jail term and there will be a benefit CD (Correctional Department) Release Party scheduled in New York City in November 2007 featuring some of her closest celebrity friends.

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#7
Posted: 1/15/08 at 2:49pm
Assault with a high heeled shoe? In self defense? If you go after someone with your flats, that might be self-defense, but a high heel is clearly premeditated.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#8
Posted: 1/15/08 at 3:12pm
"Officer, I had no idea my F*CK-me-pump was loaded."
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#9
Posted: 1/15/08 at 3:25pm
I gashed a guys face open with a high heel once.

I never got arrested!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#10
Posted: 1/15/08 at 3:27pm
Now that's some single white female sh*t right there!
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#11
Posted: 1/15/08 at 3:29pm
The guy followed my out of a club after a show and wouldn't leave me alone.

So, he said, "You're dressed like a woman, why don't you fight like one."

So, off came my heel and I opened up his face with the heel.

As he was screaming and bleeding, I said, "Won't THAT be embarrassing, explaining how you had you ass kicked by a drag queen."
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#12
Posted: 1/15/08 at 5:37pm
"I gashed a guys face open with a high heel once.

I never got arrested!'

your feet over his shoulders? (typed this before I saw your last post)

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flotilla DeBarge#13
Posted: 1/15/08 at 6:11pm

bitch