Page: 1

Sandwichgate- will it bring this administration down?

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
America has accepted warrant-less wiretaps, faulty intelligence, record deficits, the Katrina debacle, mounting Iraq casualties- but will it accept this?

Republican Representative Mark Souter stormed out of the House Cafeteria after his Sandwich, which he had already waited "too long" for, arrived "Grilled, not Toasted, as I had ordered." A democrat might have eaten it anyway, but not Mark. He demanded the responsible cafeteria worker be fired. And he was. Kennison Battle, known to co-workers as "Mohamed" (uh huh) was let go. The cafe manager said she was "Forced to" fire Battle but wouldn't comment further. Speaking off the record, one cafeteria worker admitted that "it is not uncommon for members to be rude.”

Democrat Robert Brady has promised a full investigation.
The Hill
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Pippin Profile PhotoPippin Profile Photo
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
what a cruel sandwich.
"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
WOSQ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Now, mind you, the cafeteria is subsidized. It is not meant to break even.

Yes, Members of Congress eat subsidized lunches while some of these same MOC plot to eliminate them from school kids who might need them since they don't make 160k+ per annum. "Legislative welfare" I call it.
"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
too bad we can't fire Congressmembers as easily
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Good Point Yawper- some of them really toast my sandwich.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
WOSQ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And what state is this butt-breath Mark Souter from?

The little welfare queen.
"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Indiana, the state that gave us Dan Quayle. I hope he ordered Potatoe chips with his toasted sandwich.
colleen_lee Profile Photocolleen_lee Profile Photo
colleen_lee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But does he hate deer?
"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Does he ever:

"Based on a similar effort in Iowa, Indiana hunters will have the opportunity to donate a deer to the Indiana DOC via one of the participating processors. (The list of processors is listed online at http://dnr.in.gov/processors.html.) As part of this pilot program, all of the processed venison will be donated to the FIsH (Feeding Indiana’s Hungry) initiative. FIsH is a public-private partnership that links hunger service providers, food producers, and processors from around the state."

Cold, huh?