Page: 1

Interactive Broadway (posted also on student board)

sequinedlovenun
Swing
Swing
Hi everyone. I'm new, and I have a project I'm working on that I could really use some feedback/brainstorming help with!

I'm a digital media student at UCF in Orlando and for my Creativity and Problem solving class we have this assignment:
"Create a project that demonstrates the application of digital media in a new, innovative way".

I thought "what area of life has not taken full advantage of digital media?" and it hit me: broadway! (plus i thought it would be fun to work one of my obsessions into a school project).

SO. this is my idea:
An interactive broadway (or off-broadway) show that works sort of like a Choose Your Own Adventure thing. Audience members are given RFID clickers and at certain points during the show, a question or dilemma is posed to the audience who then weighs in using their clickers (kind of like on Who wants to be a millionaire?) and based on the collective response, the story can continue.

But my question is - how ELSE could i incorporate DM into an interactive bw show? that weber show "the woman in white" used DM in the sets and i would have to do something similar because set changes would have to be quick and easy and whats easier than computer projected sets.

SO. ANY IDEAS AT ALL ARE WELCOME AND NEEDED!!! i have to pitch my idea on thursday and have a quick and dirty model next week and then the week after thanksgiving i have to have a model (I'll probably just make a diorama to show the sets, and story board out the story options and maybe make a poster advertising it!)

SO ANYONE! IDEAS?! thanks in advance!!!! :)
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is part of the assignment coming up with these ideas on your own?
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

sequinedlovenun
Swing
Swing
No lol. We just have to document the creative process. Part of creativity is bouncing ideas off one another, even crazy OFF THE WALL ideas and then adapting those ideas into workable and realistic. Today was a brainstorming session in class when my other ideas got shot down.

And I know there have been things that have been done before that are similar with improv shows that allow audience participation and some other show allowed audience members to choose the ending but I want audience interaction throughout the WHOLE show and I'm also looking for other ways of incorporating digital media.

Page: 1