Dancing With the Stars - SPOILERS

Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dancing With the Stars - SPOILERS#1
Posted: 10/22/07 at 8:09pm
Is it live? Anyone watching? I'm not usually home now, so it's my first time, sorry for the stupid question, but Marie Osmond just collapsed, and they cut to commercial really fast.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 11/27/07 at 08:09 PM
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photojacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#2
Posted: 10/22/07 at 8:10pm
I just posted a thread on thta. It was crazy!!! It is live.
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#2
Posted: 10/22/07 at 8:15pm
woah, really??
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
caitiesus1522 Profile Photocaitiesus1522 Profile Photo
caitiesus1522
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#3
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:03pm
What? What? The person who should have been in the finals is now gone? And MARIE is still on? Marie is HORRIBLE

That is one of the most effed up things ever on reality TV
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#4
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:19pm
I think it's because Sabrina doesn't have as much of a fan base as the others. The demographics for this show are much older. Sabrina should have done well because she's the youngest. I think people took into consideration the age of the star and how well they did. I'm a big fan of Jane Seymour but she so deserved to go home this week. Jane and Marie are old enough to be Sabrina's mother yet they still had to keep up. That's the only explanation I have and no- it's not fair! mom
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#5
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:19pm
I know! Everyone on DwtS' IMDb board is shocked!! Also, Sabrina's message board, too.
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#6
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:20pm
Huh. Crazy. Although, Sabrina did annoy me to no end, so...
withoutlovewithoutU Profile PhotowithoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#7
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:26pm
no fan base.... she's a disney star and those kids (the fans)are ruthless! this really shocked me.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu
Magdalene Profile PhotoMagdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#8
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:27pm
I understand about having a smaller fan base, but what the heck! She was clearly one of the top dancers---this is why the show lost viewers after Staci got booted a few seasons ago. There are 4 others on the show that should have left before Sabrina (and she was a lot less annoying than Mario)
"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#9
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:36pm
I'm so pissed!

Cheetah was the best!
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#10
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:40pm
I agree. During the final dance, Sabrina told Mark, "I'm Sorry". re: Dancing With the Stars
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#11
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:41pm
I didn't say Sabrina had no fan base- just not as much as the others. Before this show, most people knew her as one of the Cheetah Girls- the blonde one. Disney fans are rabid but she's not as popular as the HS Musical stars. Maybe Raven would have scored more votes. I definitely do not think Sabrina should have gone. Even if she had the lowest votes for the public, she scored near the top middle from the judges- not sure how this added up to be on the bottom. Maybe the show just wants to add to the water cooler discussions and she was a less beloved star to go. Seems like they still want to keep the men in as well. With 7 stars, I thought it worked that if you got the highest score from the judges- you would get 7 points (the lowest would get 1 point) If you were the most popular public vote- you would get 7 points (1 for the lowest). So, if you received the higest judges vote and the lowest public vote- you should end up in the middle. But then again, like any other "reality" show- we don't get to see the "phone-in" votes. Just sayin' mom
DBillyP Profile PhotoDBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#12
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:44pm
SHOCKED. AND. APPALLED.
"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#13
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:46pm
Jacob-

thats sad!
-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#14
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:49pm
I've barely watched, but from what I've seen, it's quite a misstatement to call Marie "horrible". She's far from horrible. I've found Jane to be pretty boring, don't understand why she's still there.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#16
Posted: 10/31/07 at 12:33am
Jacob-

Did you notice Nick Baga in there?

He was in the guest group dance and even did the Sketch Roll Call pose.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"
caitiesus1522 Profile Photocaitiesus1522 Profile Photo
caitiesus1522
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#17
Posted: 10/31/07 at 8:03am
Marie really is horrible...This week her dance was stupid and not well done at all. Especially compared to Sabrina who was about 10 times better than almost everyone every week.
ClumsyDude15 Profile PhotoClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#18
Posted: 10/31/07 at 3:29pm
Are Sabrina and her partner dating?

It seems that way from the video atleast.

Shocking, she's a fantastic dancer.
I say Marie goes home next.
Defying_Gravity_Girl Profile PhotoDefying_Gravity_Girl Profile Photo
Defying_Gravity_Girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#19
Posted: 10/31/07 at 3:31pm
Who got to see the Aussi Billy Elliots last night?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

www.writersinlove.com
DBillyP Profile PhotoDBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#20
Posted: 10/31/07 at 4:50pm
Clumsy, I did sense a bit of real-life chemistry between the Cheetah Girl and that sexy little boy toy ...
"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#21
Posted: 10/31/07 at 6:33pm
They were holding hands on Good Morning America. They were saying how a lot of people were not voting for them because they didn't think they needed the help- like Jane and Marie. I think Marie was playing it safe so she didn't spin her head around so much. Jane is obviously well-trained but she's 56 and has back problems. I would have loved to see Jane cut loose more though. mom
sesot Profile Photosesot Profile Photo
sesot
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#22
Posted: 10/31/07 at 11:50pm
It was sad to see the 2 of them go. It really should have been Marie or Jane. I was shocked that neither of them were even in the bottom 2. I had a hunch marie wouldn't be in the bottom 2, but was shocked when jane was safe. I think the judges arenot consistent in how they judge. They had higher expectations for Sabrina because she started off so strong. This penalized her this week. I think 2 of the judges were very negative and didn't highlight anything she did well. jane and Marie's or even Cameron's scores should not have been as close to her score as they were. I don't think it was Sabrina's best night, but her score in comparison to those 3 should have reflected she was significantly better. Someone good always seem to go early on all of these talent related reality shows. It definately becomes more of a popularity contest vs truly based on talent. The only way this will change is if they rework how much viewer votes weigh. Sabrina will be fine and will move on form this. It is just a shame we won't get to see her talent each week. the remaiining performers will need to step up their routines to make the competition interesting and worth watching. Who knows if Sabrina truly was voted off or if ABC knew this would create a controversy/probably increse ratings.
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#23
Posted: 10/31/07 at 11:57pm
Oh I'm sure there is a conspiracy here with Sabrina. Anyway, I also think the scores should not just be spead by a point. They need to let them give scores from 9.0 to 9.9 to really separate. This year, they are scoring way too high for some and too low for others. There doesn't seem to be enough separation from the top to bottom scores. I am interested in the Carrie Ann/Bruno new show. There seems to be a lot of talent with the singers and dancers. Looks like it will be an entertaining show! mom
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dancing With the Stars#24
Posted: 11/5/07 at 8:30pm
Home sick again on a Monday night and watching. Somehow I missed Marie's scores - anyone have them?

ETA: Jane looks like she hates every minute of this. How unpleasant to watch.
Updated On: 11/5/07 at 08:30 PM