Page: 1

mayo clinic

AbbaRabbit Profile PhotoAbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mayo clinic#1
Posted: 8/22/07 at 11:17pm
so i went to the doctor today and she told me i have to go to the mayo clinic.
she wants me to go for like a week (or as long as they need me there... could only be a few days) for all kinds of tests.
basically, they think all the things i have are all connected in one systemic disorder.
i have to have genetic testing and biopsies and all kids of fun (not) stuff.

i'm not sure when i am going or where (there are three mayo clnics... one in florida one in minisota and one in arizona)
but we set up a page last week beacuse we knew we wuold have to go out of state sometime soon.

if anyone is interested or wants to stay updated they can go to carepages.com, click on "visit a carepage" and register (it takes 30 seconds) and where you see "enter carepage name" type in laurenm04

i'm posting this on the message boards/networking websites i go to incase i can not access them while i'm away, but i know for a fact that i will be able to access carepages from the mayo clinic.

we are calling my primary care doctor tomarrow to see what we should do, which one to go to, when we will go, etc. it could be soon or it may not be for a month or two.
i just hope i can start school before i go so that i dont have to start late or not at all this semester.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: mayo clinic#2
Posted: 8/22/07 at 11:42pm
I have some familiarity w the Minnesota branch. Excellent facility tho I think the outpt is better than inpt services.
Whatever- I wish you all the best of luck,talented doctors and nurses,and the love and support of friends & family. G*d bless.
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: mayo clinic#2
Posted: 8/22/07 at 11:44pm
thanks. it would actually probably be outpatient with a whole bunch of appointments over a few days - a week. i'm not sure if they actually keep you inpatient for the time you're there when its just for testing.

my mom hopes they have us go to florida lol
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: mayo clinic#3
Posted: 8/22/07 at 11:49pm
I hope everything is ok abba. Good vibes on their way!
....but the world goes 'round
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: mayo clinic#4
Posted: 8/22/07 at 11:53pm
Abba, what is the initial diagnosis to require a trip to Mayo?
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: mayo clinic#5
Posted: 8/22/07 at 11:54pm
thanks. we've been saying for years "this has to be all connected somehow" and finally a doctor said "hey, you're right!"

edit: brd, i have several diagnosis that are almost textbook, but not quite, and they think they are all connected. i will pm you with more information.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful

Updated On: 8/22/07 at 11:54 PM
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: mayo clinic#6
Posted: 8/23/07 at 1:02am
Be well, Abba! You will be in my thoughts.