ABC News Reposts Poll Because Kucinich Won

finebydesign Profile Photofinebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

August 20, 2007

Wow, talk about some shady “journalism.” Earlier today ABC News posted a poll asking who won the democratic debate and Kucinich won by over 3,000 votes. Just recently they reposted the poll to bury the previous one and cut his picture out on top of that! What the hell?? Just pathetic.

Check out the previous poll along with the new one and censored picture.

Then please visit http://abcnews.com/politics to voice your opinion.

Update: Kucinich is now winning the new poll as well! It’s only a matter of time before they have to put up a new poll to hide the truth yet again.

info

keen on kean Profile Photokeen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Go, Dennis! I actually liked a lot of his answers. He's got my vote. So who is ABC backing?
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It would be terrific if he pulled through and won the nomination and then the election.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#3
Posted: 8/21/07 at 5:54pm
i think a kucinich nomination is really what the democratic party needs to unify itself. hell, i'd work for a kucinich campaign. i'd donate and i bet i could convince a lot of others to do so as well.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 8/21/07 at 05:54 PM
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#4
Posted: 8/21/07 at 7:38pm
Kucinich for President. He's so liberal, as much as I would want him to win, he will make moderates and hard-core Repubs. run for a super conservative candidate. Could be a scary out-come.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#5
Posted: 8/21/07 at 8:42pm
"he will make moderates and hard-core Repubs. run for a super conservative candidate"

NOTHING could be as galvanizing as that Clinton woman, and yet, that seems to be the early presumptive move by the Demoidiots.

The reason they should nominate Kucinich is because he actually STANDS for something. I think it might be surprising what would happen if they actually decided to have some gumption and nominate someone who even remotely represented what many claim to feel.

I think any votes the other candidates would get would be based solely on some perceived party allegiance or other-party hatred - NOT an actual vote FOR anything. Dennis could give them that, if they had the balls to do it.

Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#6
Posted: 8/21/07 at 10:26pm
yeah Kucinich says what we allw ant to hear but have we all forgotten that he RAN A CITY INTO THE GROUND. this man is not a good leader. he may have WONDERFUL IDEAS but he would be a terrible president.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#7
Posted: 8/21/07 at 10:32pm
I think it's a little unfair to base a perspective on that aspect of his career. It was very short, and he confronted amazingly entrenched and powerful foes (the Mafia?!?!?)

And I believe the Presidency SHOULD be a position of 'idea-generation' - there are others to make it happen.

It just so happens that our current occupent wouldn't know an idea if it hit him upside the head, and those who can 'make it happen' are spawns of the Devil.
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#8
Posted: 8/21/07 at 11:21pm
Kucinich DID NOT run a city into the ground. He inherited a long standing mess and he had nerve enough to take the steps necessary to get it cleaned up. Thanks to him the city survived with some assets intact, could function again, and has moved forward from those days. At one time the city wanted to sell off its electric utility but Kucinich didn't allow it. Now they're naming the expanded utility after him.

None of the other candidates have that kind of courage and resolve.
Updated On: 8/22/07 at 11:21 PM
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#9
Posted: 8/21/07 at 11:23pm
Thank you, Yawper. I was trying to be polite - and as usual, that's not the way to go.

'Courage' and 'resolve' aren't words normally associated with ANY politician these days, much less a presidential candidate. It's almost unthinkable that the Dems could find the fortitude, considering their last disgrace with the saluting Kerry.

But I can dream . . .
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#10
Posted: 8/22/07 at 1:08am
I think the thing that impresses me the most about Kucinich is he doesn't quit. The guy actually spent part of his childhood living in a car with the rest of his family. He knows what it's like to do without and, from that, he knows the difference between wants and necessities. He doesn't crumble in the face of defeat, having run multiple times for positions until he wins them.

Studs Terkel's recent book "Hope Dies Last" (http://tinyurl.com/2powgj) features a section on Kucinich and check out the wonderful piece Studs wrote about him back in 2002:
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20020506/terkel

or pick up Kucinich's published collection of speeches - "A Prayer for America"
A Prayer for America
xoxRogue Profile PhotoxoxRogue Profile Photo
xoxRogue
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#11
Posted: 8/22/07 at 1:21am
For some reason, the first thing that pops into my head when I read/hear about Dennis Kucinich is "Awwwww!". Why? I have no idea.

The 2nd is that his wife reminds me of Ariel, the mermaid.
Shari Lewis: Did you ever wish upon a star? Lamb Chop: I once asked Mr. Rogers for his autograph.
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#12
Posted: 8/22/07 at 2:59am
I've been backing Kucinich since the LAST presidential election. He's a good man, and I agree with him on several subjects that are important to me. I'm glad that he's finally starting to get some of the recognition he deserves. And f*** ABC for trying to bury him.
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#13
Posted: 8/22/07 at 7:31am
the only way for the democratic party to move forward is for them to nominate someone who stands for something. until they do they're just sweeping under the rug the internecine war that's quietly raging. nominate the elf.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#14
Posted: 8/22/07 at 8:35am
Wow. I just checked, and as of 7:34am Central time, Kucinich is at 14,727. He's untouchable. The second place competitor is Barack Obama, with 9,221.
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#15
Posted: 8/22/07 at 3:53pm
"nominate the elf."

Elf is defamatory, I think the appropriate term is Troll.
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#16
Posted: 8/22/07 at 4:29pm
I tried to locate the poll via the link, but was unable to find it.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
abc cntinues to demean the angry elf#17
Posted: 8/22/07 at 4:32pm
click on This Week then theres the debate analysis square where you can vote and then it shows the poll results