The most outrageous thing Dick Cheney has ever said

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Last night on Larry King he said some things worthy of Ann Coulter: The whitehouse never shares it's military plans with congress, he doesn't "run" anything, how he doesn't need to be popular and of course several minutes of jawdroppers on what a "Good man" Gonzales is.

But those pale in comparison to this amazingly out of touch statement: "And in the meantime, the president feels strongly, and I do too, I agreed with him, that it is important for us to pass on these offices we occupy to our successors in as good a shape as we found them. And that means protecting and preserving the integrity of those processes."

What color is the sky in the world Dick Cheney Lives in?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The comments are only outrage the hate-filled, Anti-Bush-spewing, Marxist-Leninist fringe, kook liberals.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 10:47 AM
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It should scare any TRUE American. This abuse of power is not patriotic. That sound you hear is our founding fathers rolling over in their graves. Only a coward and someone who does not believe on what this country was founded on would defend such a person.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 10:50 AM
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Really? It's Marxist to expect the president & VP to respect the rule of law? It's marxist to want to have transparencey in government and for perjurers to be investigated? For felons to serve their sentences when they are convicted by a jury of their peers?

Wow I guess I misunderstood Marxism.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 10:51 AM
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
your incredibly inflated commentary is based upon a HUGE mis characterization of the facts, and of his noble service.

It's OK. You've been taught well by the liberal media spin machine.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Noble service? What did I tell you about taking crack?
Anyone who defend this administration is just not paying attention! Smoke away,coward!
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hi Romy!

I already knew you drank the Daily Kos Kool-Aid, but thanks.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't read Daily Kos, but I hear great things.
Whats amazing is we can turn everything Bush and his cartel have done around and put a (D) after their name instead of a (R) and HD would make a 180 on his views.

HD, I am not saying stop smoking the crack I'm just saying smoke less. No one wants to take away your guns or your crack. We just think you'd be better off if you smoked a little less of it.

re: The most outrageous thing Dick Cheney has ever said

*Thanks! I still have Anderson Cooper on my mind*
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 11:34 AM
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pssst...Romantico...you might wanna change that "360" to a "180"...make your point seem a bit more valid...

"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
SorryGrateful
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"your incredibly inflated commentary is based upon a HUGE mis characterization of the facts, and of his noble service.

It's OK. You've been taught well by the liberal media spin machine."

Didn't you make a pledge about a day ago to stop attacking people personally? Or was that one of your other personalities?

And I'm so glad that you are the sole person on this board aware of "the facts." Do tell of his "noble service" to the country. I'll gladly wait for the list of achievements.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky
Undeniably Bway Profile PhotoUndeniably Bway Profile Photo
Undeniably Bway
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The most outrageous thing he's said - was "yes" when Bush asked him to be his running mate.
She grew up tall - she grew up right.
n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Chantipoo: "It's OK. You've been taught well by the liberal media spin machine."

wasnt it just yesterday that Chantipoo was citing THE TREASON TIMES as a source?
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There is no liberal media HD. THe smartest thing the Republicnas have ever done is create this "Liberal Media" myth so that any negative reporting can be dismissed as "The liberal media." This was no spin, no liberal distortion- just reporting what the man said.

#2 would have have been his admitting that he was wrong when he said the opposition in Iraq was in it's "Last throes" but that NOW, NOW at last, the opposition is REALLY in it's last throes. '
What did GW say? "There's an old saying in Tennessee I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says, fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again."
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Your spinning faster than Elphaba in a bad rendition of the "Defying Gravity"

The only thing you defy is common sense.

You are spinning Cheney's words to meet your own agenda.

You probably don't know anyone who voted for Bush, do you?
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Your spinning faster than Elphaba in a bad rendition of the "Defying Gravity" "

Elphaba doesn't spin in that number. Your analogies are horrible as is your attitude.

And how elitist are you to assume anyone doesn't know anyone who voted for Bush.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Everyone I know who voted for Bush (2000 and 2004) ALL REGRET IT! Several stuill plan on voting Republican in 2008, but they are the ones who hate Bush more than me. He has ruined their party according to them.

Common sense? HD, you don't know the meaning.

Spinning his words? This is what you say when you can not defend them.You said the same in the Dr.Laura thread. "She mis spoke". "She was taken out of context". "She didn't mean it". What a coward! You have an excuse for everything!
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 12:21 PM
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I live in a county that has elected one Democrat in over 100 years, HD. I know dozens of people who voted for Bush- Probably hundreds.

I am not "spinning" anything- this is what the man said. It's sad you can't even defend his words but can only spew invective.
SorryGrateful
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I repeat, HD et al:

And I'm so glad that you are the sole person on this board aware of "the facts." Do tell of his "noble service" to the country. I'll gladly wait for the list of achievements.

Why do you find it so hard to answer any direct questions that are posed to you regarding the things that you type on this board? Is it possibly because you have no answer because the "facts" that you love to speak of are unsubstantiated bits that you pick up from Ann Coulter and other hyper conservatives?

So, I'm still waiting for the long list of everything Cheney has accomplished in his six years of office.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The most outrageous thing concerning Cheney for me wasn't actually something he said. It was getting his 'friend' that he shot in the face to apologize to HIM for all the trouble the incident had caused him.
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Get in line SG. There are many of us who are waiting for some direct answers from HDT2, however, don't hold your breath.
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who's spinning who?

Facing his lowest approval ratings ever and increasing scrutiny about the secrecy with which he operates, Vice President Dick Cheney is making the media rounds this week unapologetically backing some of the White House's more controversial actions.

In interviews Tuesday on CNN's "Larry King Live" and Monday on CBS Radio, Cheney backed embattled Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. Cheney defended President Bush's commutation of former vice presidential Chief of Staff I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby's prison sentence for perjury, making false statements and obstruction of justice. And he said invading Iraq was "the right decision."

"Al is a good man, a good friend, in a difficult assignment," Cheney said of Gonzales, who's been faulted increasingly by senators of both parties as incompetent and untrustworthy.

Cheney took aim at critics of Bush's handling of the Iraq war and the war on terror, telling King that time will prove them wrong.

"I think when the history is written that, in fact, it will reflect credit upon this president and his administration," he said.

Mercury News
SorryGrateful
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Damn, and here I thought all would be explained. Ah, well. I guess I'll go join a Communist organization and spread my creamy hate filling over the unsuspecting innocent masses while I wait.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"it will reflect credit upon this president"

I actually agree with that statement - I think he's going to be credited with many things that the world is going to have to spend years (decades?) recovering from.

I'm all for credit being given where it's due.
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HD is a nut!
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In the middle 1980's, liberals called Ronald Reagan an "amiable dunce" while they pleaded for a nuclear freeze.

They looked stupid then, they look worse now.