Page: 1

Anyone ever write letters to actors/actresses who are NOT from Broadway?

Lorelai Profile PhotoLorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was wondering, since we talk a lot on the normal board about writing to actors or actresses, I was wondering...has anyone ever written to someone from a movie or tv show and gotten anything back?
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."
JoizeyActor Profile PhotoJoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, I never have -- mostly because I just assume that the letter will never be returned to me. I mean, Movie and Television actors and actresses have a much larger audience and fan-base than Broadway stars. I've only sent a letter to Kerry Butler about a week and a half ago and I'm still waiting for her to return it.
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When I was younger, a girlfriend and I wrote a letter to Jack Wild on H.R Puff 'n Stuff. We both mailed our letters on the same day.

We both got an answer within a few days of one another but imagine our heartache when it was the same letter. Mostly promoting the show, "Be sure to watch me on channel blah, blah". I know exactly how Ralphie felt with his Little Orphan Annie decoder pin from A Christmas Story.

I have rarely felt moved to write another "fan" letter ever since. I don't join fan clubs either.

D
Lorelai Profile PhotoLorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ouch DofB5, that's awful.

btw I didn't even answer my own question. When I was maybe 14 or 15 I wrote to Ann Margret cause I loved Bye Bye Birdie and a couple films she did after that. It took awhile but I later recieved a letter from her, and she actually talked about specific things I had written in my letter so I know it wasn't a generic letter.

I know I mentioned this in another post, but I have never really written to anyone on Broadway, but I'm thinking of writing one to Susan Stroman (some of you know I'm a fan of hers (although I hate the word "fan" for some reason). I know where to send the letter but she's busy and all so I don't even know if I should or not, anyone have any advice?
(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."
JoizeyActor Profile PhotoJoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What's the worst that can happen? She won't respond? And unless the fact that she doesn't respond makes you suicidal, then I don't see any reason not to give it a try...
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i was a member (hell, maybe i still am, i don't know if there's an expiration date on my membership card) of the nancy mckeon fan club in the 80's. does that count?

i wrote her and received a signed letter, several photos, a glossy, personally signed photo and several other kewl items which i still have... re: re: re: re: re: Anyone ever write letters to actors/actresses who are NOT from Broadway?
XING
PED
PennyLou Profile PhotoPennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When I was little I wrote to Milissa Joan Heart (Sabrena The Teenage Witch) and I got an autograph picture.Thats about it.
Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
penny, maybe melissa was mad you spelled her name and the name of her show wrong, so she didn't put much thought into a response... re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Anyone ever write letters to actors/actresses who are NOT from Broadway?
XING
PED
MyNameInLights Profile PhotoMyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wrote to Rosie O'Donnell back in the day and she wrote me back, and I got her autograph. I wanted to write to David Cassidy once, but my mom just pulled some strings when he was doing a show here in Vegas, so I got his autograph and it says " To Lindsay, with all my love, David Cassidy". I was like ten, and was obsessed with him. Keep in mind I'm only 14 right now, how sad is that? I also wrote to Leonardo DiCaprio once, but the dickhead never wrote me back... LoL!
"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
After I found out Larry Fine of the 3 Stooges was in a nursing home after a stroke, I wrote him how much I enjoyed his work ( along with Moe & the rest of the boys). He wrote a little note back thanking me for brightening his day.
Poster Emeritus
say what?
Stand-by
Stand-by
I've written to several athletes and have recieved signed cards and photos in return. I wrote to Conan O'Brien back in the day too, nice signed glossy sent back in return. Authentic, who knows?
"SUNY Binghamton, yes. I'm sure getting a degree from SUNY Binghamton is very useful. Normally to get a degree with that kind of credibility you'd have to study in Guatemala or Haiti."
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm atually quite a fan of Ann-Margret's work. I'm glad to hear she was so nice and responded to your letter. :) lol I recently started watching "Third Watch" because of her.

I never wrote a letter to anyone, but I was a member of "The New Kids On the Block" fan club. lol
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
PennyLou
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RobbO
when I wrote to her I used spell check un like last night when I posted.
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
penny - LOL, you're too funny. i vote for YOU to keep your hairspray billboard and use it for your own pool when you buy your mansion after making it big on broadway.
XING
PED
PennyLou
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
:) hehe