Page: 1

This is especially for Voicey...

Al Dente Profile PhotoAl Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is especially for Voicey...#0
Posted: 11/30/03 at 12:38pm
This was in the Post yesterday and I wanted to share it with you and anyone else that might be interested:

"Britney in the sliding zone"

Britney Spears isn't so hot any more despite a prime time special,regular appearances on MTV, and a duet with her French kissing partner, Madonna. Her new album, "In the Zone," is expected to debut at #1 next week, but with only 609,000 copies sold-far fewer than her past CD's. Insiders point out that "Zone" debuted a week after albums by Jay-Z, Kid Rock and Tupac Shakur, and her only competition was Michael Jackson's "Number Ones"- a release that no one expected to do well even before his latest bout of child molestation charges. Spears' single with Madonna, "Me against the Music", has lounged on the bottom half of Billboard's top 50 singles since its debut six weeks ago. Insiders say the album's only hope is a bounce from Christmas shoppers-or if it proves to have the long-term longevity of "Justified," the album by her ex-boyfriend, Justin Timberlake, which continued to sell for months while he toured last summer.

Just as I predicted and suspected. I also doubt she'll have anywhere near the success of "Justified".
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: This is especially for Voicey...#1
Posted: 11/30/03 at 1:30pm
I did not know that Madonna was french!
PEACE.
ErikJ972 Profile PhotoErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: This is especially for Voicey...#2
Posted: 12/2/03 at 8:12am
And Pink falls to number 26...
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Your point Erik? I realize that you obvioulsy have an issue with Pink but that doesn't make Britney any more talented and *amazing.* Pink's album and talent are something she can always be proud of and utilize. She will always work, Britney on the other hand, well, let's just say she's down to the last 30 seconds of her "15 minutes".
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually I have nothing against Pink...I actually quite like her. My point is that you argue that album sales have no bearing on how long someone is going to be around (when it comes to Pink) but then use an article about album sales to prove your point that Britney is on her way out (even though she has the number one album in the country). That doesn't seem to make sense to me.
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: This is especially for Voicey...#5
Posted: 12/2/03 at 12:38pm
Really, with a pop record the long term sales usually come from ballads (although Britney hasn't used ballads much compared to her pop peers.) If the label starts pushing the slow stuff as singles then I'd say they're worried about sales. If they keep putting out up stuff that doesn't tend to run up the charts then they're probably pretty happy with the sales.
newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: This is especially for Voicey...#6
Posted: 12/2/03 at 1:07pm
I have been listening to "In The Zone". It really isn't that bad. Obviously she doesn't have a great voice but the songs are catchy, especially "Shadow". If they release that one on the radio soon it's going to be a hit.
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually Erik, I posted that article to drive my point home to Voice. He thought that it "meant something" that Spears was going to sell *umpteen* copies the first week out and I argued that it was irrelevant in the scheme of things. The Post article just put a more fine and legitimate point on my earlier *opinion.* In other words, I was gloating.
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gloating can be fun.
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You betcha!