Page: 1

What's Going On Around here!?

newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What's Going On Around here!?#0
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:10am
It seems that recently many people have joined BWW just to be nasty. Wheter it is starting fights or rude PMs to many members,it really needs to stop. We are all here for one reason. That reason is we love and support Broadway and theatre. Many of us are lucky enough to get to see shows frequently and share our opinions on the productions. Of course these will be different, but there is no need to start fights over that. There are other ways to have a mature discussion than what we see in the threads among us now.

:)
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Going On Around here!?#2
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:15am
Read my first quote. Words to live by!
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Going On Around here!?#3
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:17am
Awwwwwwwwwwwww.
CCM '10!
Liam Profile PhotoLiam Profile Photo
Liam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Going On Around here!?#4
Posted: 9/26/04 at 11:19am
no botty likes to get made fun of so stop doing it to other people none of us know eachothe good enof to make jugments!
InTheMoney Profile PhotoInTheMoney Profile Photo
InTheMoney
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: What's Going On Around here!?#5
Posted: 9/26/04 at 12:40pm
I agree it's kinda depressing, but if you think this is bad you should check out WHATSONSTAGE.COM's Discussion Boards.

Supposedly theatre-related, but on the musicals & performers forums it's barely discussed anymore.
Whatsonstage.com - Musicals
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Going On Around here!?#6
Posted: 9/26/04 at 12:50pm
The Republican National Committee pays people to log on to chat boards that it considers "liberal" and plant and respond to messages that refute the supposedly "liberal" slant.

These include gay, feminist and African-American message boards. The plants, or "trolls," are fed information several times a day through right-wing internet sites like the Drudge Report and right-wing radio shows like Limbuagh, O'Neill and Hannity.

Apparently, the theatre chat boards were put on this RNC list for "Disinformation Targetting," because theatre-folk are considered "pink."

Those of us who remember Nixon's "Enemies" list understand that this is a mark of honor, alhtough it is exceedingly unpleasant to listen to endless right-wing drivel.

Basic rule of the Internet: Ignore the trolls and try not to feed them. At any rate, don't let them get to you.
Sunfish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: What's Going On Around here!?#7
Posted: 9/26/04 at 12:54pm
LOL! Must be nice to have money.

Let's see...how many children could they feed today...how many schoolbooks could they buy...... re: What's Going On Around here!?
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: What's Going On Around here!?#8
Posted: 9/26/04 at 1:19pm
Just an observation... Whenever there is nothing contentious going on (the definition of contentious for this purpose ranging anywhere from a bitch fight between rivals to a political argument as the election approaches...), there are scads of posts bemoaning that the "board isn't interesting anymore".

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10