Page: 1

why is joan and melissa rivers not hosting the emmy's red carpart and fashion police on E! ????

musicaltheatreman
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
i am watching E today and they are showing previews for the emmys red carpet and fashion polics and star jones and robert verde are hosting. what happen to melissa and joan???? thanks :)
touchmeinthemorning Profile Phototouchmeinthemorning Profile Photo
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
they got a multi-million dollar deal with the tv guide channel.
"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Translation-- E! dumped them.

Who even gets TV GUIDE CHANNEL let alone watches it.
VIETgrlTerifa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually they dumped E!. Both networks were offering them money and deals, and TV Guide Channel gave them, I think, $8 million plus deals to do a couple of shows for the channel. E! couldn't match it.

Here is a link

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,123402,00.html

Also, the TV Guide Channel is the fastet growing channel on cable right now.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."
Updated On: 9/19/04 at 01:15 AM
CurtainUp2 Profile PhotoCurtainUp2 Profile Photo
CurtainUp2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who even gets TV GUIDE CHANNEL let alone watches it?

Thats what people were saying about the E channel just a few short years ago. TV Guide Channel is definitely up and coming. Have you noticed that the program scroll is much smaller and takes up far less screen space than it did just a month ago. Eventually they're going to start producing original programming as well. Hope they'll be up and running with Joan and Melissa in time for the Globes and Oscars early next year! Until then, I'll pass on the "red carpet" arrivals. I loathe Star Jones!!! Wonder why E would go with her. She must have come real cheap.
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And not to mention E! were desperate and Star Jones will work for food.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I for one did not miss Joan or Melissa. I actually watched this time because they weren't hosting the Red Carpet.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Be careful people what you say about TV Guide...there could be a board member who works for them. We wouldn't want to insult another board members now would we???

BTW...CU2 and Pop know what they're talking about. re: why is joan and melissa rivers not hosting the emmy's red carpart and f
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why thank you Boobs. Coming from you, that is quite the compliment.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.