NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???

CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#0
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:12pm
NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???

For years, I have been anticipating a move to NY. I'm starting to research "a nice place to live" (Washington Heights I am thinking).

Anyway, Chick-Fil-A is the greatest fast food restaurant on earth. Their food isn't "fast food" quality - it is all real chicken, cooked in peanut oil, lots of great sandwichs, many great items to choose from.

So, went to the Chick-Fil-A website, and to my absolut SHOCK, there is only ONE Chick-Fil-A restaurant in the ENTIRE state of New York!! It's at the State Univ. of New York College at Cortland (SUNY).

Have any of you New Yorkers had the lifetime pleasure of eating at Chick-Fil-A? Don't you miss it??

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#1
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:14pm
there are alot of people i work with who think Chick-Fil-A is amazing... so, when i was working in Philadelphia a couple of years ago, i went...

eh... i didn't get the hoopla... it's a chicken sandwich...
Updated On: 8/10/04 at 01:14 PM
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#2
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:16pm
There are also no Whataburgers or IHOPs that I know of. re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???

At one time, there were no Taco Bells.

But there are plenty of new things that you will LOVE that you will possibly forget those places.
Updated On: 8/10/04 at 01:16 PM
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#3
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:16pm
Chick-Fil-A is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Their nuggets blow McDonalds out of the water any day of the week. And their oh so yummy chicken sandwiches with two perfectly placed pickles make my mouth water.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#4
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:18pm
perfectly placed pickles always make my mouth water!
shlamdiddly Profile Photoshlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#5
You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?
Updated On: 8/10/04 at 01:18 PM
shlamdiddly Profile Photoshlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#6
their restaruants are actually clean!...The scrub the insides of the trashcans daily!(atleast...where I live) It's the only fast food I'll eat.
You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#7
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:19pm
joeyjoe, personally, I do not recommend their fried Chicken Sandwich. If going for the first time, get a grilled Chicken Club, or nuggets (nuggets are the best on the planet!!!!), or a Cool Wrap.

MMmmmmmmm with the waffle fries and their lemonade. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
KMF_NYC Profile PhotoKMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#8
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:33pm
I think (opinion, not fact) their not coming into NY area, especially malls is that they do not open on Sundays (or at least did not in the past because of the owners religious beliefs -- Baptist maybe), anyway most malls here will not allow that type of exclusion in the lease and/or the rent is too high to make up the business)
"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie
junglered Profile Photojunglered Profile Photo
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#9
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:45pm
Chick-fil-a = delicious!

(You are correct that Atlanta based Chick-fil-a is not open on Sundays. Owner Truett Cathy and family have deeply held convictions about this and haven't changed policy in all their years in business.)
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#10
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:48pm
Thanks Red -- I thought that was it -- that helps support my thoughts -- I have worked real-estate for some retail chains and there are few companies that have the clout in the Northeast to build into their mall leases for Sunday closing...too bad, it is good (love the lemonade)...
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#11
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:53pm
All Chick-Fil-A restaurants in the country are closed on Sundays. It is a company policy. Keeps their reputation intact as a Christian company.

Shame. They can't just open late for after church??
--Aristotle
KMF_NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#12
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:55pm
not Southern Christians -- you bo back to church after supper...
junglered Profile Photojunglered Profile Photo
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#13
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:56pm
My pleasure! Chick-fil-a does a bang-up business around here. I really don't eat too much fast food, but that is one place I do like. In fact, I had a Chick-fil-a sandwich for lunch yesterday!
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#14
Posted: 8/10/04 at 1:57pm
Then why not just the Northern Christians in the malls? They can open on Sunday!

Heck, I'll go back there and work myself, if I get Chick-Fil-A out of it.
--Aristotle
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#15
Posted: 8/10/04 at 2:02pm
I love Chik-Fil-A and the nuggets, though they are too expensive for what you get. And what the heck is "Polynesian Sauce"?
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#16
Posted: 8/10/04 at 2:04pm
That's just a fancy schmancy name for sweet and sour sauce.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Madame X Profile PhotoMadame X Profile Photo
Madame X
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#17
Posted: 8/10/04 at 5:48pm
I believe they are in malls in NJ (my boss at the time celebrated his and his wife's promotions celebrated in their traditional way - at chick fil a). They lived in Northern NJ somewhere (I want to say Hoboken but I could be wrong) - close enough to commute to the city daily w/o it being a chore. So you may be able to find one if you REALLY need one. However, I agree w/ jrb that there is plennnty in the city to love and explore w/o going to chick-fil-a.
"Some of us have it worse, you know, Dana. Some of us are dating lesbian men. Okay? C'mon."
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#18
Posted: 8/10/04 at 5:55pm
I have been wishing and hoping for years that they would open a Chick-Fil-A in Grand Central. It would be perfect.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#19
Posted: 8/10/04 at 6:02pm
On the note of Southern Christians, I hear there are no Italian restaurants in the South. Is it true? I had a friend who just traveled through Georgia and they couldn't find an Italian restaurant anywhere.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 8/10/04 at 06:02 PM
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#20
Posted: 8/10/04 at 6:08pm
Olive Garden is in the South.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#21
Posted: 8/10/04 at 6:13pm
And speaking of southern cooking, when is Cracker Barrel going to come to NYC? I know that they are known for locating near interstates, but come on, they could do a booming business here. And they are open 7 days a week.
spiderdj82 Profile Photospiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#22
Posted: 8/10/04 at 7:08pm
Ok, I actually work at Chick-Fil-A. Yes, Chick-Fil-A is VERY VERY clean. We have to wipe down the tables every hour, we have to empty the trash every three hours, and mop at least twice a day. The bathrooms are also REALLY clean. I mean, sometimes people come into Chick-Fil-A just to use the bathroom. Anyway, the chicken is cooked fresh........no pre-packaged nuggets, strips, or other chicken products (like McDonalds and other such restaraunts). Also, everything is made fresh everyday. We make the tea right in the store, and the Lemonade is from freshly squeezed Lemons (Believe, me........I had to sit there for 2 hours squeezing lemons). If you have any questions about anything involving Chick-Fil-A, please ask.
"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#23
Posted: 8/10/04 at 7:21pm
I mean we bread the chicken. The chicken comes pre-packaged. I mean, it is not alive when we get it. lol
"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NO CHICK-FIL-A IN NEW YORK???#24
Posted: 8/10/04 at 7:23pm
and Son of a Gunn, these are the italian restaurants we have (or that I know of)

OLIVE GARDEN
MACARONNI GRILL
FAZOLIS
and there is another one but I can't remember the name right now.

then we have small Italian restaraunts (not big chains)