Page: 1

New Partridge Family???

Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
New Partridge Family???#0
Posted: 7/31/04 at 2:50pm
they were recently in NYC doing a publicity stunt casting call for the "New Partridges". Searching for actors who sing.

Did any legit musical theatre performers get seen for this? Does anyone know if they had agent submissions as well?

slightly off topic, I know. but its not often TV auditions are looking for singing actors, and NYC is definately the place to find good singing actors.
I'd fire you... if you weren't so g*dd*mn beautiful out there. - Blades of Glory blog
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#1
Posted: 7/31/04 at 2:54pm
Why are they searching for singing actors? Only Shirley Jones and David Cassidy of the originals sang. Heck, they couldn't even act like they were playing instruments properly.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#2
Posted: 7/31/04 at 7:30pm
cuz they don't want to make the same mistake again. It raised a kinda stink back then when it was revealed that the recordings were done w/ studio singers.

I'd fire you... if you weren't so g*dd*mn beautiful out there. - Blades of Glory blog
Kelliexo90 Profile PhotoKelliexo90 Profile Photo
Kelliexo90
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: New Partridge Family???#3
Posted: 7/31/04 at 7:54pm
That's for that new VH1 show right?
What is Broadway? A street? Some say it's a street. Some say it is the best street in the world. Others think its terrible. That's the beauty of it, it's terribly beautiful. Some hate it and don't know why. Others love it and don't know why. That's what makes it so wonderful, it's a mystery.
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#4
Posted: 7/31/04 at 8:14pm
yes they had NY auditions last week. wondering if any Broadway names were seen for it.

someone decided this was not a "broadway" topic and moved it here.
Kelliexo90
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: New Partridge Family???#5
Posted: 7/31/04 at 8:16pm
That would be awesome if there were. Because more people need to know who our beloved Broadway stars are!
What is Broadway? A street? Some say it's a street. Some say it is the best street in the world. Others think its terrible. That's the beauty of it, it's terribly beautiful. Some hate it and don't know why. Others love it and don't know why. That's what makes it so wonderful, it's a mystery.
newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#6
Posted: 7/31/04 at 8:46pm
A good friend of mine went to the open call. He made it through the next call backs and is going to LA to compete against one other guy for the part of Keith! Yay! He will be on the first episode starting on Sept 5th so look for him (his name is Brian).
Kelliexo90
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: New Partridge Family???#7
Posted: 7/31/04 at 8:51pm
Oh my gosh thats sooo awesome!!! I wish him the best of luck!
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#8
Posted: 7/31/04 at 9:47pm
8 "Keith's" will go to LA, not just 2. 8 of each character goes to LA and it will be an audience internet vote like Idol.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#9
Posted: 7/31/04 at 9:48pm
I think this is a really stupid idea for a show. I don't see any point to it.
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#10
Posted: 7/31/04 at 10:13pm
almost as stupid as "average Joe" or "the Bachelor"?
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#11
Posted: 7/31/04 at 10:16pm
Point taken. When I wrote that, I was thinking to myself, then again, it's not as stupid as that Amish show or the Who Wants To Marry a Midget Millionaire?
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#12
Posted: 7/31/04 at 10:32pm
at least they are gonna make these contenders sing and act. Shirley Jones herself will be one of the judges. That alone makes it worth watching for me.

Mrs Partridge be damned - she'll always be JULIE JORDAN to me!!!!
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#13
Posted: 8/6/04 at 11:44am
well kids I just learned that after that coast to coast "talent search" the producers have been hot and heavy doing "real" auditions - you know, thru agents and appointments and stuff -all this week in LA.

the "real" process was not filmed for its humiliation potential.

So it looks like those open calls were just a lot of publicity stunt.

sorry to any who got involved in this!!!
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#14
Posted: 8/6/04 at 11:48am
Shirley Jones - sigh. Why is she involved in this? She was all class till she married THAT GUY.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#15
Posted: 8/6/04 at 12:29pm
yeah - I'm so disillusioned!!!

how can a classy act like a VH1 reality show turn into such tin-foil sham!!

my childhood dreams are crushed!!!
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#16
Posted: 8/6/04 at 12:35pm
Shirley Jones once used a room at the hotel that I managed/owned as a green room sort of thing before an appearance. Her contract called for two bottles of Stoli (among many things). I found that odd since she doesn't drink. I found out that Marty Ingle's put that in her contract in case he was traveling with her. Lush!
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#17
Posted: 8/6/04 at 12:56pm
Ewww. He's disgusting. Using her to get his Stoli paid for. Although I suppose she pays all the bills anyway, and it would come out of her pocket otherwise, so it kind of works out! Poor old Shirley. Addicted to love...
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#18
Posted: 8/6/04 at 5:19pm
The auditions are a scam?
Thank goodness my roadtrip to Minneapolis fell through!

I would've made a darn fine Laurie Partridge, though.
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#19
Posted: 8/6/04 at 7:03pm
It's not a scam- my friend went to the open call and is in LA right now for the next round.
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#20
Posted: 8/7/04 at 12:30am
that's odd. since the literature they handed the kids said no one would fly out til Sept 5, and no one would get notified if they were chosen til aug 6, today.
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#21
Posted: 8/7/04 at 11:06am
His agent was notified on Wednesday and you are right, it was earlier than the official date of Aug 6th. The show airs on Sept 5th and the episodes will tape much earlier than expected since the show has been picked up for more episodes than. Did you go to the open call?
Updated On: 8/7/04 at 11:06 AM
Chevstriss
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: New Partridge Family???#22
Posted: 8/7/04 at 7:16pm
not me, but i know some teenagers who went. One got all the way to the end but yesterday got the "you are not selected" call.