Page: 1

and where's the outrage?

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and where's the outrage?#0
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:02am
with everyone screaming bloody blue murder about the nypd's treatment of protesters who have not even materialized yet, i'm curious that there's almost not even a peep about this...

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/conventions/articles/2004/07/21/protest_zone_draws_ire/
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#1
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:03am
Gee, I wonder why?
thirdrowcenter Profile Photothirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#2
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:11am
Scratching head, trying to figure it out, hmmmm.....
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#3
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:19am
It is outrageous.

And I'm glad to see the ACLU is there to help!

'The ACLU and the National Lawyers Guild are scheduled to appear in federal court at 11 a.m. today on behalf of a coalition of Boston activists, union members, and two Boston city councilors who were denied a permit to march on Causeway Street, in front of the FleetCenter, last Sunday afternoon.'

Gotta love the ACLU, right?
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#4
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:21am
The double standard is deafening. It is in fact outrageous. (Cue Namo) Where is the national media? I guaran-damn-tee that there will be special after special about the NYC "oppression" of protestors.

Hamlet's father.
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#5
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:23am
But isn't it nice to know that the ACLU is there to fight for the rights of everyone who wishes to protest either convention?

Say it.

'I love the ACLU.'

Come on...lemme hear you say it just once.

'I love the ACLU.'
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#6
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:26am
i don't love the aclu! i don't, i don't, i don't! and you can't make me say it!!

but you can never say that they don't apply their principles equally whether defending a klansman or a black panther. so while i don't love them, i do grudgingly respect them.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#7
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:30am
So noted.

I once contacted the ACLU when Hillary Rodham Clinton's senate campaign and school administration were insisting that a campaign stop be funded by student activity fees at Syracuse...

I thought it was outrageous that a political campaign would allow, and a college would force college students to pay for facility and equipment rental for a campaign stop.

We were strong-armed into paying for it with non-partisan student monies. Not her campaign funds, or school cash. The ACLU didn't even respond to say that they had heard from me.

Perhaps not an issue for them, (they were among many groups appealed to) but I would've liked a confirmation at least.

So I'm a little bit bitter. But I will acknowledge that they will help out everyone but me.
Hamlet's father.
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#8
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:30am
Say it.

'Eve was weak.'

Say it.

We'll pray together!!

I SEE YOUR DIRTY PILLOWS!!!
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#9
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:36am
*robbiej* shows up on a distinct dominatrix bent*
Hamlet's father.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#10
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:39am
I think I saw this on an old episode of BATMAN where they tried to corral all the bad guys into a small area and then they dropped a net over them and sprayed them all with poison gas! It was great.

Seriously, there will be some major CD if this is allowed to happen. Do they care nothing for the safety of the protestors?
PEACE.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#11
Posted: 7/21/04 at 11:53am
c'mon, sueleen, they're probably republicans, so who cares? actually in an ironic note, they are actually most likely democrats as the article said it's primnarily union members who are upset of the city forcing a contract down their throats.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

M J R Profile PhotoM J R Profile Photo
M J R
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#12
Posted: 7/21/04 at 5:05pm
As long as people have a desigated space to stand and bitch, what difference does it make? Neither one of them (democrat and republican protests) are going to REALLY change anyone's minds that are attending the conventions....
"High time we made a stand and shook up the views of the common man" - Tears for Fears
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#13
Posted: 7/21/04 at 5:06pm
"It's a scandal! It's an outrage!"
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: and where's the outrage?#14
Posted: 7/21/04 at 5:10pm
oh, hush, you. you just get all excited at the idea of being penned.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort