Page: 1

AFI's 100 best movie song moments

Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
AFI's 100 best movie song moments#0
Posted: 6/9/04 at 12:19pm
Well, on June 22nd on CBS, John Travolta will count down the supposed 100 best songs and musical moments from the movies according to the American Film Institute. As usual with AFI, the list should be more "The Most Popular Songs From The Movies." Check out the list of nominees. I was glad to see they included "Fight The Power" by Public Enemy, but where's "Thanks Alot But No Thanks" from IT'S ALWAYS FAIR WEATHER or "Let's Misbehave" from PENNIES FROM HEAVEN...any others you can think of they forgot?
100 best songs
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: AFI's 100 best movie song moments#1
Posted: 6/9/04 at 12:56pm
Other than movie-musicals, I think the most effective use of a song in a movie that I have seen was Let the River Run in Working Girl. It still gives me chills.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: AFI's 100 best movie song moments#2
Posted: 6/9/04 at 1:13pm
BLAME CANADA! Congrats to you-know-who!
BIG BOTTOM! I am really happy this list is not just the AS TIME GOES BYs and OVER THE RAINBOWs.
PEACE.
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: AFI's 100 best movie song moments#3
Posted: 6/9/04 at 1:52pm
This is probably pretty forgetable to most, but I love the song "We Are Not Alone" by Karla DeVito. It's from the scene in "The Breakfast Club" where the students start dancing around the library. I just love that. But if anything makes it on the list from this movie, it would be "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds.
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: AFI's 100 best movie song moments#4
Posted: 6/9/04 at 2:14pm
Oh! I agree Matt!
Hamlet's father.
say what?
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: AFI's 100 best movie song moments#5
Posted: 6/9/04 at 3:42pm
This list is already discredited with no entries from the A Hard Day's Night, Help!, and Let It Be. "Twist and Shout" from Ferris Bueller's Day Off ain't enough for Beatles representation.
"SUNY Binghamton, yes. I'm sure getting a degree from SUNY Binghamton is very useful. Normally to get a degree with that kind of credibility you'd have to study in Guatemala or Haiti."
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: AFI's 100 best movie song moments#6
Posted: 6/9/04 at 3:44pm
Good point, say what.
PEACE.
BroadwayDiva Profile PhotoBroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: AFI's 100 best movie song moments#7
Posted: 6/9/04 at 6:17pm
I'm glad Cabaret had a few up there. That was such a great movie! I'm also happy about Moulin Rouge, Grease, Hair-- it was a good list (Blame Canada is a hysterical song!)
I have my books and my poetry to protect me...