Page: 1

Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria

Type_A_Tiff Profile PhotoType_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria#0
Posted: 5/14/04 at 11:03pm
I know the tour is running in New York City now, and I was curious how people there (and else where) liked/disliked it. I worked as a temp when it was in Vancouver last summer, and I adored the show, even after watching it 45+ times!
"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
junglered Profile Photojunglered Profile Photo
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria#1
Posted: 5/15/04 at 12:01am
I just saw Allegria in Atlanta and enjoyed it very much. The music was light and airy and the performances were great. I enjoy the Cirque du Soleil shows in general. I believe Varekai was my favorite (the one set in the trees/woodlands). I had front row seats for that one - about a year ago. I also enjoyed Dralion and Quidam. I would love to see O (the one with a water setting) in Las Vegas. I have friends who thought that it was amazing. I haven't heard a whole lot about the new show in Vegas - Zumanity - except that it's supposed to be pretty sexy. Has anyone seen it, yet?
MyNameInLights Profile PhotoMyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria#2
Posted: 5/15/04 at 1:17am
Zumanity is extremely risque... crazy boy on boy, girl on girl, girl on boy with girls and boys on them (?) action. O is expensive and tickets are hard to get most of the time. Vegas actually does well with Cirque Du Soleil shows!
"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria#3
Posted: 5/15/04 at 9:07am
Never saw Alegria but I have seen Dralion and Quidam. Both were spell binding. That's the only way I describe it. I sat there amazed, mouth hanging open through the whole show.
Varekai (probably spelled that wrong) is coming to Boston this summer and I've got tix for that. Has anyone seen it?

It looks good but, I don't think you cen go wrong with any Cirque Du Soleil show.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
junglered Profile Photojunglered Profile Photo
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria#4
Posted: 5/15/04 at 10:28am
You will have a great time at Varekai. It is actually my favorite of the 4 Cirque shows that I've seen so far. Great make-up and costumes! Brightly coloured characters come out from the "woodlands and forests" type set-up to begin the show. -And of course, the performances are spectacular.
Type_A_Tiff Profile PhotoType_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria#5
Posted: 5/15/04 at 9:35pm
Quidam is in Vancouver now but I'm not working for Cirque this year. Is it worth spending the $95 to see it? What's the storyline? What are that notable acts? (i.e. the trampoline act in Alegria)
"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria#6
Posted: 5/15/04 at 10:41pm
I've seen Quidam and Mystere. I really enjoyed both, but I thought Quidam was much better (I saw it twice). The girls with the diabolos are fantastic and the acrobats were amazing! There is also a wonderful jump-rope sequence. The only problem were the two people with the red balls. They dropped them too many times. I also thought Quidam has the best music of all the shows. Like most of the Cirque shows, it's very surreal, but the basic theme is taking time to notice the extraordinary in the oridnary.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 5/15/04 at 10:41 PM
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria#7
Posted: 5/17/04 at 8:12am
Here's a link to their website. It gives you the schedule for the touring shows and a complete rundown of acts for each show. There are also clips that you can watch.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/default.htmhttp://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/default.htm>http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/default.htm
http://www.danperezgallery.com