Page: 1

the fountainhead

nystateomind04 Profile Photonystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the fountainhead#0
Posted: 4/11/04 at 4:14pm
hey guys, im heading off to nyc for a couple of days the fountainhead!!! sadly, i cant see any shows, but i'll be taking a look at my future home at school, which is very exciting. sorry i know thats irrevelant, anyway i wont be able to check this for a few days but...

has anyone here read ayn rands book "the fountainhead"? i just finished it and i have an essay due on it on the 15th for a scholarship. i found it very provacative, but it was a lot to take in, and i have no idea how im going to be able to condense my thoughts on it into an essay. so, it looks like some members here are pretty "well-read" haha, so please let me know what you think, i really need some help here. thanks again
Updated On: 4/11/04 at 04:14 PM
nystateomind04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: the fountainhead#1
Posted: 4/11/04 at 8:15pm
well SOMEONE must have read it, give me a break! i guess it is a holiday, so i'll just have to keep this post alive until tomarrow, then i'll be gone.

or maybe i'll just have to do my own brainstorming...
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: the fountainhead#2
Posted: 4/11/04 at 8:23pm
I remember it as being a long and boring piece of ideological tripe whose only virtue was being shorter than Atlas Shrugged.

Not helpful, probably. Sorry.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: the fountainhead#3
Posted: 4/11/04 at 8:47pm
"Selfishness RULES!" The end.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
nystateomind04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: the fountainhead#4
Posted: 4/11/04 at 10:25pm
but she did a pretty good job of justifying it, right? well, she at least managed to perfectly manipulate her story around her beliefs and make radical ideas seem plausable... im getting confused, see this is why i need help.
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: the fountainhead#5
Posted: 4/12/04 at 12:48pm
Gotta see the movie with Patricia Neal and Gary Cooper. CAMP-TASTIC!
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: the fountainhead#6
Posted: 4/12/04 at 2:22pm
mmmmmm pre-stroke patricia neal
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But that movie. It doesn't even make sense. Allow it to be the prime example of why some ideas and concepts must never be dramatized. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Gary Cooper, child, mmm mmm mmm.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, the dialogue! None of that...."screenwriter" mediocrity BS from Miss Rand, she provided it right from the book herself, dammit! And it's delish!
Whipping Gary Cooper with a horsewhip for looking at her impertinently while using a pneumatic drill. Tee-hee-hee...
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali