Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Page: 1

The Musical of Musicals

vocalzone
Swing
Swing | Joined: 8/1/05

The Musical of Musicals

Posted: 4/21/21 at 1:49pm

If you haven't yet - make sure to check out The Musical of Musicals at www.YorkTheatre.org  Its' available to watch for free until tomorrow (Thursday).  Lesli Margherita, Andre De Shields, Beth Leavel, Lillias White, Christy Altomare, Ana Gastyre, Ethan Slater, Alexandra Billings, Betty Buckley, a lot of hilarious performances for musical theatre fans!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 3/7/05

The Musical of Musicals

Posted: 4/21/21 at 2:06pm

It's pretty cute! The editing was some of the best I've seen so far for this format of pandemic theatre.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
binau Profile Photo
binau
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 6/29/08

The Musical of Musicals

Posted: 4/21/21 at 2:45pm

Thank you I forgot all about this - I have seen the show live once in Australia many years ago and remember finding it particularly funny so curious to see how it translates! I'm surprised there isn't more buzz behind this given all the people involved - even Hillary Clinton seems to make an appearance! 

"Rose in Gypsy was like going through therapy for me. Playing Rose helped me put a lot of emotions to bed. There was so much lacking in Rose and that's why she had to prove herself through her children. [interviewer]In ways that reminded you of your mom?[/interviewer]. Let's just say the role was very interesting for me. That one was the most interesting [I've ever played]" - Bernadette Peters (2018)
vocalzone
Swing
Swing | Joined: 8/1/05

The Musical of Musicals

Posted: 4/21/21 at 3:18pm

Me too - EVERYONE was in it and it was hilarious. 

pair-o-dice
Understudy
Understudy | Joined: 1/18/05

The Musical of Musicals

Posted: 4/22/21 at 10:28am

Ethan Slater is just so good and Betty should narrate everything!  So many great performances. I thought it was hilarious.  The magic of green screen.