Upcoming Waitress casting

ChildofEarth Profile PhotoChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
Broadway Star
joined:7/24/15
Broadway Star
joined:
7/24/15
Upcoming Waitress casting#126
Posted: 8/30/19 at 6:57pm
I saw it a few nights ago - I loved Todrick and Allison. Todrick isn’t the best but he was charming and HOLY MOLY could he sing. Allison is gorgeous. Not my favorite (Nicolette is) but I liked her better than a few of the jennas I saw.

I’m sure Colleen is a nice person and she obviously has a great career but I was not into her Dawn at all. Her signing voice was fine but that speaking voice (which cannot be her real voice, it was oddly pitched) was unbearable.
GiantsInTheSky2 Profile PhotoGiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
Broadway Star
joined:10/29/14
Broadway Star
joined:
10/29/14
Upcoming Waitress casting#127
Posted: 8/30/19 at 6:58pm
No one said you couldn’t state your opinion...? I was just stating mine. I also never said any of the things you’re mentioning. Per usual, magictodo123, you’re getting riled up about things that haven’t been said or brought up in the first place.
I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
magictodo123
Broadway Star
joined:3/18/19
Broadway Star
joined:
3/18/19
Upcoming Waitress casting#128
Posted: 8/30/19 at 7:48pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "No one said you couldn’t state your opinion...? I was just stating mine. I also never said any of the things you’re mentioning. Per usual, magictodo123, you’re getting riled up about things that haven’t been said or brought up in the first place."

"Every single person under the age of 20 online keeps going on and on " You literally talked about peoples age here. 

"Per usual"? Please. 

WestEndGal
Stand-by
joined:6/25/18
Stand-by
joined:
6/25/18
Upcoming Waitress casting#129
Posted: 8/31/19 at 4:31am
I haven’t seen Alison as Jenna, but I do love the Broadway.com vid of her singing SUTBM they just released. She sounds gorgeous!

But honestly, I’ve noticed that some of the “Alison is the best Jenna don’t fight me on this” comments on Twitter are from people who haven’t even seen her in the show lol! .... people love to jump on bandwagons and right now it’s the “Alison is criminally overlooked” one that’s getting steam. Which is probably true considering Waitress are still using the Shoshana playbills apparently, ugh!

This is not to say she isn’t a great Jenna btw! I just find it amusing that a lot of the comments are from people who haven’t even seen her in the show
magictodo123
Broadway Star
joined:3/18/19
Broadway Star
joined:
3/18/19
Upcoming Waitress casting#130
Posted: 8/31/19 at 9:11am

WestEndGal said: "I haven’t seen Alison as Jenna, but I do love the Broadway.com vid of her singing SUTBM they just released. She sounds gorgeous!

But honestly, I’ve noticed that some of the “Alison is the best Jenna don’t fight me on this” comments on Twitter are from people who haven’t even seen her in the show lol! .... people love to jump on bandwagons and right now it’s the “Alison is criminally overlooked” one that’s getting steam. Which is probably true considering Waitress are still using the Shoshana playbills apparently, ugh!

This is not to say she isn’t a great Jenna btw! I just find it amusing that a lot of the comments are from people who haven’t even seen her in the show
"

I'm not totally sure about this but I think she has been on the Playbills now since Tuesday? I think she has her own playbill now.  I wish she had one when I saw her for the first time last weekend, but I'll probably get one tonight and I'm excited! I try to see every Jenna so I rushed last weekend to see it with my friend. Both of us loved her :) 

FlyHigh523 Profile PhotoFlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
Stand-by
joined:6/7/17
Stand-by
joined:
6/7/17
Upcoming Waitress casting#131
Posted: 8/31/19 at 10:14am

magictodo123 said: "WestEndGal said: "I haven’t seen Alison as Jenna, but I do love the Broadway.com vid of her singing SUTBM they just released. She sounds gorgeous!

But honestly, I’ve noticed that some of the “Alison is the best Jenna don’t fight me on this” comments on Twitter are from people who haven’t even seen her in the show lol! .... people love to jump on bandwagons and right now it’s the “Alison is criminally overlooked” one that’s getting steam. Which is probably true considering Waitress are still using the Shoshana playbills apparently, ugh!

This is not to say she isn’t a great Jenna btw! I just find it amusing that a lot of the comments are from people who haven’t even seen her in the show
"

I'm not totally sure about this but I think she has been on the Playbills now since Tuesday? I think she has her own playbill now. I wish she had one when I saw her for the first time last weekend, but I'll probably get one tonight and I'm excited! I try to see every Jenna so I rushed last weekend to see it with my friend. Both of us loved her :)
"

They’re actually still using shoshana’s playbill, as of last night. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photodisneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
joined:2/10/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
2/10/13
Upcoming Waitress casting#132
Posted: 8/31/19 at 10:20am

ChildofEarth said: "Her signing voice was fine but that speaking voice (which cannot be her real voice, it was oddly pitched) was unbearable."

I wouldn't be surprised if the producers made her do the Miranda voice. Like what among other said, Colleen should have been Jenna, especially if producers are desperate for big names. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile PhotoGiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
Broadway Star
joined:10/29/14
Broadway Star
joined:
10/29/14
Upcoming Waitress casting#133
Posted: 8/31/19 at 2:42pm

Colleen’s portrayal would have been funnier had she actually done the Miranda voice. She’s cute, but everyone else I have seen has done more with the role. However, Colleen is more of a performer for film/TV/video than stage, so it makes sense.

Looks like Alison’s playbill will be out for September.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
VintageSnarker
Broadway Legend
joined:1/30/15
Broadway Legend
joined:
1/30/15
Upcoming Waitress casting#134
Posted: 8/31/19 at 4:21pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "I wouldn't be surprised if the producers made her do the Miranda voice. Like what among other said, Colleen should have been Jenna, especially if producers are desperate for big names."

She would have been a terrible Jenna. She was already breathy and I could hear some strain as Dawn. 8 shows a week as Jenna would destroy her voice for someone who isn't used to the demands.

Anyway, I'm glad Alison is apparently getting her own cover.

eng18
Swing
joined:8/7/19
Swing
joined:
8/7/19
Upcoming Waitress casting#135
Posted: 9/3/19 at 9:04pm
Alison had her own cover last night. Her vocals are amazing, and sadly the Colleen hype overshadowed her.
GiantsInTheSky2 Profile PhotoGiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
Broadway Star
joined:10/29/14
Broadway Star
joined:
10/29/14
Upcoming Waitress casting#136
Posted: 9/3/19 at 11:35pm
Jordin Sparks’ debut performance is the last day available for Broadway Week tickets, in case anyone is interested in that deal.
I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
CPannullo
Stand-by
joined:12/30/17
Stand-by
joined:
12/30/17
Upcoming Waitress casting#137
Posted: 9/10/19 at 4:56pm
No casting notices that I know of but I just feel like it’s worth mentioning how Jessie is returning for the final Jenna’s Jams
disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photodisneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
joined:2/10/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
2/10/13
Upcoming Waitress casting#138
Posted: 9/10/19 at 5:02pm
Are we supposed to get Ogie and Dawn soon? Are they doing understudies or something
wish i were here2 Profile Photowish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
Leading Actor
joined:4/19/13
Leading Actor
joined:
4/19/13
Upcoming Waitress casting#139
Posted: 9/10/19 at 6:21pm

We are also still waiting on an announcement for the new Dr. Pomatter! 

TodayTix Code: ZMUQO | Lyft Code: RYAN990137
magictodo123
Broadway Star
joined:3/18/19
Broadway Star
joined:
3/18/19
Upcoming Waitress casting#140
Posted: 9/10/19 at 7:18pm

CPannullo said: "No casting notices that I know of but I just feel like it’s worth mentioning how Jessie is returning for the final Jenna’s Jams"

Could that mean anything?? Is it at all possible that she could be closing out the show??

steven22 Profile Photosteven22 Profile Photo
steven22
Broadway Legend
joined:5/19/06
Broadway Legend
joined:
5/19/06
Upcoming Waitress casting#141
Posted: 9/10/19 at 8:18pm

CPannullo said: "No casting notices that I know of but I just feel like it’s worth mentioning how Jessie is returning for the final Jenna’s Jams"

Jessie is coming back?! 

CPannullo
Stand-by
joined:12/30/17
Stand-by
joined:
12/30/17
Upcoming Waitress casting#142
Posted: 9/10/19 at 8:32pm
No I’m not saying she is. Just questioning why she’s returning for the final Jenna’s Jam session and speculating if maybe there will be an announcement that day
AntV
Broadway Star
joined:12/23/12
Broadway Star
joined:
12/23/12
Upcoming Waitress casting#143
Posted: 9/10/19 at 10:56pm
Saw it tonight. Alison is the best Jenna since Nicolette and Jessie. Colleen and Todrick were both fantastic and seem to have improved from earlier reports in the run.

And they hosted karaoke, where the final participant was Miranda Sings.
bwayoutdoors
Chorus Member
joined:1/3/18
Chorus Member
joined:
1/3/18
Upcoming Waitress casting#144
Posted: 9/11/19 at 12:14am

I was there tonight too, and have to echo that Alison was beyond terrific. She is absolutely worth seeing, and makes the role her own in the best way. Definitely one of my favorite Jennas. She even got a <very very deserved> partial standing ovation after SUTBM. 

Updated On: 9/11/19 at 12:14 AM
magictodo123
Broadway Star
joined:3/18/19
Broadway Star
joined:
3/18/19
Upcoming Waitress casting#145
Posted: 9/11/19 at 7:30am

Could it mean anything that Jessie Mueller is appearing on the Jennas Jams with Alison Luff tomorrow? Could that be a way of doing a casting announcement or is it just a coincidence... 

mailhandler777
Broadway Legend
joined:8/15/15
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/15/15
Upcoming Waitress casting#146
Posted: 9/11/19 at 11:43pm
This coming Tuesday will be the first time 3 women of color will be playing the lead waitresses in a history making show. Jessie Hooker Bailey will be on as Dawn.
Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
FlyHigh523 Profile PhotoFlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
Stand-by
joined:6/7/17
Stand-by
joined:
6/7/17
Upcoming Waitress casting#147
Posted: 9/13/19 at 10:47am
Caitlin is coming back as dawn, and mark is extending as Dr. Pom. Charity is also leaving
\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
Featured Actor
joined:10/14/18
Featured Actor
joined:
10/14/18
Upcoming Waitress casting#148
Posted: 9/13/19 at 12:33pm

mailhandler777 said: "This coming Tuesday will be the first time 3 women of color will be playing the lead waitresses in a history making show. Jessie Hooker Bailey will be on as Dawn. "

Already happened when Nicolette was there. I think theres some pictures out there, but Jessie was Dawn.  

KathyNYC2
Broadway Legend
joined:12/2/10
Broadway Legend
joined:
12/2/10
Upcoming Waitress casting#149
Posted: 9/13/19 at 12:51pm

_(•_&bullUpcoming Waitress casting_/ said: "mailhandler777 said: "This coming Tuesday will be the first time 3 women of color will be playing the lead waitresses in a history making show. Jessie Hooker Bailey will be on as Dawn. "

Already happened when Nicolette was there. I think theres some pictures out there, but Jessie was Dawn.
"

No I don’t believe that’s true. I think they missed each other by a couple of weeks. Nicolette left early December if I remember and I see an Instagram post by Jessie that says she is a principle on broadway for the first time on December 20th. 

Updated On: 9/13/19 at 12:51 PM
CPannullo
Stand-by
joined:12/30/17
Stand-by
joined:
12/30/17
Upcoming Waitress casting#150
Posted: 9/13/19 at 3:47pm
Ugh I desperately want the next casting announcement for Jenna!

6
Page: 6