jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Updated On: 12/20/08 at 09:22 PM
LizzieCurry Profile PhotoLizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Tis a Pity She's a Whore closes on July 6, so you'll be fine: http://www.act-sf.org/tispity/index.html
"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
mll85
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am just a bit tick off as to why they have no schedule yet for shows on the Orpheum or Golden Gate but nevertheless...

They do, it's just that as of right now, no shows are scheduled for the dates you're going to be in the city.

http://www.shnsf.com/bob/index.asp?key=24
Updated On: 3/5/08 at 09:27 PM
jaystarr Profile Photojaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mll85
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The link I have in my previous post lists the dates for the remaining shows in the SHN subscription season.
Updated On: 3/5/08 at 09:37 PM
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Updated On: 12/20/08 at 10:15 PM
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was hoping that when I go there..there will be a try-out like the Legally Blonde try-out last year and Wicked try-out in 2004

Uh, it's currently March and your trip is less than 6 months from now. If something that major were happening here, we'd know about it.
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Updated On: 12/20/08 at 10:40 PM
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am still tick off as to why nothing is playing on THE ORPHEUM nor GOLDEN GATE during the time...that I will be there...

Because SHN hates tourists AND locals, so they just like to cancel stuff. re: I am about to book my trip to SAN FRANCISCO and need advise?
vbplayer Profile Photovbplayer Profile Photo
vbplayer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
With all the hills in SF, wtf do you need with a gay workout area/club/room!!! Brilliant scenery just walking the city, and what a workout.

No NAPA? Are you nuts?!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Author Unknown
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No news about the La Jolla try-out of THE WHIZ... I am still crossing my finger..btw... the show artwork dissapered at the SNF website!

J*
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Napa isn't that interesting.
Revolutionary Profile PhotoRevolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
You can student rush at the ACT, two hours before curtain and it will be 50% off the price of any ticket. $45 for dress circle is pretty reasonable though.

It's a big theatre. I usually sit in the orchestra or in the dress circle. Do not, under any circumstances, sit in the second balcony, unless you want to die.
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Updated On: 12/20/08 at 10:52 PM
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Updated On: 12/20/08 at 11:17 PM
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've never been interested in drinking either (I drink maybe 5 times a year, and they're all girly foofy drinks). Maybe that's why I find Napa boring.

Yerba Buena is fine for walking around in. And take a look at the Metreon when you're there, although it's not what it used to be.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/metreon-san-francisco

Fisherman's Wharf is a big ugly tourist trap.

The Castro Theatre is beautiful.
mll85
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well the Orpheum is where SHN has their main Box Office, you can try and ask if you can look around inside. Doubtful they'd let you though.

Also there is a discout ticket booth in Union Square. So you can check out some of the productions some of the local theater companies are putting on during that time.

But like Lizzie said, Fisherman's Warf is just a big tourist trap and can get insanely crowded sometimes. So if you want to stop there, go ahead but I wouldn't stay too long because there are other things to see in the city.
Updated On: 3/5/08 at 11:30 PM
vbplayer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe you need to broaden you horizons beyond....(let me get this right)......"girly foofy drinks".

Believe it or not, you can go to Napa/Sonoma to just relax........and NOT drink anything. Go figure. I've had more to drink in the Castro than I do in Napa.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Author Unknown
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL, I've tried. I've tried beer. I've tried wine of many kinds. Champagne. You name it. I just don't enjoy alcohol that much. If I drink it HAS to be disguised with ice cream, syrup, etc. etc. etc.

And I didn't think Napa wasn't interesting just because the main focus there is wine. I went there on New Year's Eve with my parents when I was...19? They were bored, too.
Updated On: 3/5/08 at 11:38 PM
Revolutionary
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I drink more at like, baby showers than I do in Napa. For me, Napa's more about food, spas, and scenery.

Oh gosh, I forgot about the Mission Dolores. That place is creepy. I need to get out and do touristy stuff more often.

Jay, while you're at the Tea Garden, take a two minute walk over to the De Young Museum. It's awesome and the view from the tower is pretty.
Revolutionary
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
double posties.
Updated On: 3/6/08 at 11:52 PM
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
See, I didn't find the food or scenery in Napa that interesting either... re: I am about to book my trip to SAN FRANCISCO and need advise? I'm just a Debbie Downer.
vbplayer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
....ok, boring for you and your parents on New Years Eve when you were 19. That about sums it up.

They don't serve "girly foofy drinks".

I stand corrected...Napa sucks.

LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL.

I like Monterey.
vbplayer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love Half Moon Bay.