Page: 2

Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread

Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread#26
Posted: 2/13/20 at 7:14am

CopleyScott17 said: "Mike Barrett said: "JSquared2 said: "Mike Barrett said: "Can’t recommend Plaza Suite personally. If you LOVE Matthew and SJP, go for it. I’m 22, found the play to be outdated, boring, uncomfortable at parts, and not funny!

You're not the target audience.

"
clearly, and I get that. Hence why I put my age. If anyone my age was questioning to see it, don’t.

I am 58, presumably well within the target audience, and agree with everything Mike Barrett said.
"

Ya, just found it so uninteresting and dull and lifeless. Also if I’m not the direct target audience I’m still eligible to buy a ticket so my opinion still matters, lol. Just my thoughts and don’t have to or need to be anyone else’s. I really found Broderick and SJP to just be acting as themselves, rather than any true difference character. For anybody unless you are a #1 fan of SJP and MB I’d honestly say this is so not worth the price of admission. Especially at it’s crazy prices 

CopleyScott17
Swing
Swing
Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread#27
Posted: 2/13/20 at 7:44am

"...not worth the price of admission. Especially at it’s crazy prices..."

Mike Barrett, seriously, I would have been much more harsh if I'd paid full price!  I was able to get a $30 ticket via the TodayTix lottery, back of the Dress Circle (slightly obstructed view), so it was only a disappointment.  At full price, it would have been an outrage Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread

Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread#28
Posted: 2/13/20 at 7:49am

CopleyScott17 said: ""...not worth the price of admission. Especially at it’s crazy prices..."

Mike Barrett, seriously,I would have been much more harsh if I'd paid full price! I was able to get a $30 ticket via the TodayTix lottery, back of the Dress Circle (slightly obstructed view), so it was only a disappointment. At full price, it would have been an outrage Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread
"

Not many times I’ve paid and felt it was entirely not worth it. I paid for A Bronx Tale and wasn’t happy after but didn’t feel it was a complete waste. Not buying this expensive for a Pre a Broadway in Boston again, at least not after this one. Truly blowing my mind this is going to be on Broadway and people will pay even more for it!! 

CopleyScott17
Swing
Swing
Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread#29
Posted: 2/13/20 at 8:02am

Mike Barrett said: "CopleyScott17 said: ""...not worth the price of admission. Especially at it’s crazy prices..."

Mike Barrett, seriously,I would have been much more harsh if I'd paid full price! I was able to get a $30 ticket via the TodayTix lottery, back of the Dress Circle (slightly obstructed view), so it was only a disappointment. At full price, it would have been an outrage Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread
"

Not many times I’ve paid and felt it was entirely not worth it. I paid for A Bronx Tale and wasn’t happy after but didn’t feel it was a complete waste. Not buying this expensive for a Pre a Broadway in Boston again, at least not after this one. Truly blowing my mind this is going to be on Broadway and people will pay even more for it!!
"

My worst was last year, when I finally got around to seeing "Wicked."   I guess I should have expected it after all those years, but the show was tired, the performers basically sleepwalking, and the Gershwin atmosphere felt more like a high school gymnasium than a Broadway theater.  I've been considering finally giving in and seeing "Phantom" on my next visit at the end of the month, but I'm afraid it'll be another Wicked letdown (heh).

Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread#30
Posted: 2/13/20 at 8:25am

CopleyScott17 said: "Mike Barrett said: "CopleyScott17 said: ""...not worth the price of admission. Especially at it’s crazy prices..."

"

"

My worst was last year, when I finally got around to seeing "Wicked." I guess I should have expected it after all those years, butthe show was tired, the performers basically sleepwalking, and the Gershwin atmosphere felt more like a high school gymnasium than a Broadway theater. I've been considering finally giving in and seeing "Phantom" on my next visit at the end of the month, but I'm afraid it'll be another Wicked letdown (heh).
"

Ha, nice pun. 

I can't speak to PHanton or Wicked on Broadway, but I know Wicked has many cast members who have there for likely close to a decade at this point, if not longer. Not surprised to hear its tired. Id definitely see Phantom once if you can but no need to break the bank for it, Imo. I think the Wicked tour lately is producing a much better quality of the show. 

pjc1
Swing
Swing
Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread#31
Posted: 2/16/20 at 7:26am
I noticed in the Playbill that the first character listed in the second act is Second Bellhop. That character didn’t appear at our performance. From start to finish, the show ran 2:35 (as opposed to the 2:45 listed at the theater or the 2:40 mentioned in an earlier reply). I’m curious if a sequence was cut from the beginning of the second act at our performance. Does anybody who went to an earlier performance remember a second bellhop in the second act?
ThankYouFive221
Swing
Swing
Plaza Suite Boston Peformances Thread#32
Posted: 2/16/20 at 10:40am

I saw the show in Boston, and was wondering if anyone else was there when Broderick broke character because he called a character by the wrong name?

Page: 2

Advertisement