Printer Friendly - Audra returning to Broadway...?

Audra returning to Broadway...?
Posted by TheGingerBreadMan 2018-08-27 15:18:12

I have a ticket to see Audra McDonald perform in Greensboro, NC next spring and just received the following email:

Dear UCLS Patron:

Thank you for your support of the University Concert and Lecture Series- we are so excited about this year's performances!

We have one adjustment to announce. Due to a Broadway commitment, the date of Audra McDonald's appearance at UNC Greensboro has changed.

The new date is March 9, 2019.

Your purchase will be honored for the new date, and new tickets will be issued.

If you find that you are unable to attend on March 9, we will be happy to issue a full refund. Please request refund by October 1, 2018. No refunds will be issued after October 1.

Please confirm receipt of this information by reply to this email.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience.

I recall this article from several months ago: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Audra-McDonald-is-For-Sure-Headed-Back-to-Broadway-20180301

Any guess or info on what it could be?

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-08-27 15:23:01

This is so weird, I had a dream last night where I saw Audra and Cynthia Erivo in Aint too proud at the gershwin. And I woke up and was like, I need audra back on broadway.

Posted by BroadwayBear2 2018-08-27 15:29:46

LET US ALL BE BLESSED WITH AUDRA THIS SEASON

Posted by quizking101 2018-08-27 15:32:01

I still kinda hope they someday bring that revival of "'night, Mother" they were planning with her and Oprah.

The only possible thing that's out there that I can see her going into is "Once On This Island", so I'm going to hedge my bets and say she is either going to do an extended concert engagement in a Broadway house (a la Patti LuPone) or it's an entirely new production that's been really hush-hush to fill one of the upcoming empty theatres

Posted by Elegance101 2018-08-27 15:32:10

Well, she’ll be free to do this concert in March, so it’s not a spring show, right?

Posted by Brave Sir Robin2 2018-08-27 15:33:18

She's playing Regina George. Bookmark me.

Posted by Clyde15 2018-08-27 15:34:54

Oh my god I would kill to see Audra in Once on this Island, but anything to get Audra back on Broadway is good

Posted by Robbie2 2018-08-27 15:35:42

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "She's playing Regina George. Bookmark me."

regina george? Huh?

The date's been changed from April to March

APRIL 13, 2019 

ADD

An Evening with Audra McDonald

UNCG Auditorium
Greensboro, NC

Tickets available August 1, 2018

Posted by SomethingPeculiar 2018-08-27 15:39:38

It's supposedly a revival of a play by a living writer. (It's not 'night, mother or a production that's been announced)

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-08-27 15:41:22

If thats the case this is a great season for plays. I wish she returned in a musical.... but we cant be picky!

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-08-27 15:43:38

Sorry to double post, my guess

Limited engagement of Kiss of the Spiderwoman
There was a reading in 2015 staring Audra.

Posted by NOWaWarning 2018-08-27 16:01:04

Maybe it’s that Ragtime reunion concert that was whispered about awhile ago?

Posted by JVJ93 2018-08-27 16:26:21

SomethingPeculiar said: "It's supposedly a revival of a play by a living writer. (But it's not'night, mother)"

Audra in all female Glengarry Glenn Ross? 

Posted by quizking101 2018-08-27 16:31:14

JVJ93 said: "SomethingPeculiar said: "It's supposedly a revival of a play by a living writer. (But it's not'night, mother)"

"

Considering the date was moved up, it’s certainly possible, since it will leave April and May open for rehearsal/previews

Posted by Robbie2 2018-08-27 16:50:29

quizking101 said: "JVJ93 said: "SomethingPeculiar said: "It's supposedly a revival of a play by a living writer. (But it's not'night, mother)"

"

Considering the date was moved up, it’s certainly possible, since it will leave April and May open for rehearsal/previews
"

Tony Award nominee Amy Morton is confirmed to direct an all-female cast in the new Broadway production of GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS.

The production will begin on Broadway in May 2019. Exact dates, full design team, and Broadway theater will be announced at a later date.

i bet it's Glengarry!

Posted by Broadway Fan2 2018-08-27 17:15:20

I hope Audra is back. Please, keep us posted!

Posted by rjm516 2018-08-27 18:12:53

Ugh dammit only Amy Morton and Audra could get me to see GGGR again! :P I wish she was coming in an original musical - god knows this season needs a good one - but anything to have her back.

Posted by MadsonMelo 2018-08-27 20:14:17

It could be a limited engagement for a surprise fall work. I would die.

Posted by broadwayboy223 2018-08-27 20:17:42

I mean Audra is an amazing actress, but that voice... Im hoping we get her in a Musical!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-08-27 20:22:02

In this season that’s so desperately lacking good musicals, it’d almost be mean of Audra to be in a show and have it not be a new musical.

Posted by Sauja 2018-08-27 20:31:50

I so hope it’s not the all female Glengarry even if I would see it and am sure she would be brilliant. I just...I don’t want to have to sit through that show again!

Posted by broadwayboy223 2018-08-27 20:31:59

Jordan Catalano said: "In this season that’s so desperately lacking good musicals, it’s almost be mean of Audra to be in a show and have it not be a new musical."

Exactly!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-08-28 14:47:02

Thinking about this today, it would be smart of Audra to do a new musical this season, if only because she’d have virtually zero competition for her 7th Tony award.

Posted by JSquared2 2018-08-28 15:04:30

Jordan Catalano said: "Thinking about this today, it would be smart of Audra to do a new musical this season, if only because she’d have virtually zero competition for her 7th Tony award."

I'm fairly certain she doesn't need to pick and choose her projects based on what awards she might get.

Posted by Kad 2018-08-28 15:07:49

I hope it's not Glengarry.

Posted by smidge 2018-08-28 15:16:04

Jordan Catalano said: "Thinking about this today, it would be smart of Audra to do a new musical this season, if only because she’d have virtually zero competition for her 7th Tony award. "

Somewhere Kelli O’Hara is saying “Bring me the head of Jordan Catalano !”

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-08-28 15:23:44

Ha! I totally forgot about that! Well then let it be a showdown between Audra & Kelli!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-08-28 15:25:33

JSquared2 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Thinking about this today, it would be smart of Audra to do a new musical this season, if only because she’d have virtually zero competition for her 7th Tony award."

I'm fairly certain she doesn't need to pick and choose her projects based on what awards she might get.
"

duh.

Posted by MayAudraBlessYou2 2018-09-20 14:09:23

She's rehearsing this now. It's not Glengarry. Her co-star is a male academy award and tony nominated actor.

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-09-20 14:10:06

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "She's rehearsing this now. It's not Glengarry. Her co-star is a male academy award and tony nominated actor."

Rehearsals have begun for a Broadway show that hasn't been announced yet?

Posted by bwayboy22 2018-09-20 14:14:23

Is it a musical or a play?

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-09-20 14:16:25

They’re in rehearsals for a show that’s already been cast, (presumably if it’s in rehearsal) has a theater, Director, production team and there’s been no word anywhere about it?

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-09-20 14:19:23

The prom started rehersals today.

Torch song?

Posted by TotallyEffed 2018-09-20 14:22:34

Bwayfan292 said: "The prom started rehersals today.

Torch song?
"

lol

Posted by GiantsInTheSky2 2018-09-20 14:24:14

Torch song is a VERY small ensemble cast and every announcement re: cast, etc has been announced for a while. The cast photo shoot was released a few weeks ago. So this rules that out.

Posted by MayAudraBlessYou2 2018-09-20 14:25:56

Not Torch Song. It hasn't been announced yet. This was very early script work.

Posted by LimelightMike 2018-09-20 14:28:41

What theatre could this possibly be playing -- The Cort? The Kerr?

Posted by Elegance101 2018-09-20 15:51:52

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Not Torch Song. It hasn't been announced yet. This was very early script work."

So it’s not in official rehearsals? Is there anything you can tell us about the timeline?

Posted by SomethingPeculiar 2018-09-20 16:02:57

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "She's rehearsing this now. It's not Glengarry. Her co-star is a male academy award and tony nominated actor."

This is the project I was referring to when I said "It's supposedly a revival of a play by a living writer. (It's not 'night, mother or a production that's been announced)" earlier in the thread.

When it opens, the writer will have two shows running simultaneously on Broadway. It's kind of an odd choice for a revival, but I'll be interested to see how it turns out!

Posted by bwayboy22 2018-09-20 16:20:51

SomethingPeculiar said: "MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "She's rehearsing this now. It's not Glengarry. Her co-star is a male academy award and tony nominated actor."

This is the project I was referring to when I said"It's supposedly a revival of a play by a living writer. (It's not'night, motheror a production that's beenannounced)" earlier in the thread.

When it opens, the writer will have two shows running simultaneouslyon Broadway. It's kind of an odd choice for a revival, but I'll be interested to see how it turns out!
"

The only thing I can think of that meets these qualifications might be a Terrence McNally piece. Possibly "Lips Together, Teeth Apart" or "The Ritz"?

A different Mamet play could work as well but I can't think of any that fit all the descriptors stated above.

Posted by Sauja 2018-09-20 16:25:02

SomethingPeculiar said: "MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "She's rehearsing this now. It's not Glengarry. Her co-star is a male academy award and tony nominated actor."

This is the project I was referring to when I said"It's supposedly a revival of a play by a living writer. (It's not'night, motheror a production that's beenannounced)" earlier in the thread.

When it opens, the writer will have two shows running simultaneouslyon Broadway. It's kind of an odd choice for a revival, but I'll be interested to see how it turns out!
"

Tantalizingly teased out. Who could it be? Aaron Sorkin? Harvey Feirstein? Kenneth Lonergan? Tarrell Alvin McCraney? Unless it's someone who did the book of a musical. Itamar Moses? 

Will now spend the next hour obsessing over what it could be!

Posted by bwayboy22 2018-09-20 16:37:44

I feel like there is a good chance it could be someone who did the book of a musical, which is why I suggested Terrence McNally. I didn't even consider Sorkin, but I suppose it could be "A Few Good Men". Kenneth Lonergan doesn't really have anything that would suit Audra. I'm not familiar enough with Moses' works to say if any of his plays would be the right fit.

Posted by Valentina3 2018-09-20 16:40:46

I for one would love to see Casa Valentina on Broadway again (yea yea I know it's too soon). Audra would a phenomenal Rita opposite... oh the casting possibilities!

Posted by PurpleFanta 2018-09-20 16:43:18

This is a fun puzzle.

Because Bernhardt/Hamlet closes so early in the season, I'm guessing it's not Theresa Rebeck.

Maybe Steven Levenson? Was If I Forget reviewed well Off-Broadway?

Maybe something from Lee Hall? According to his Playbill bio, he did an adaptation of Mother Courage... 

But I immediately went to Terrence McNally. Lips Together, Teeth Apart seems at least logical.

Whatever it is, I hope it gets announced soon.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-09-20 16:44:57

You sure it’s a play? Because I really want her to do SPIDERWOMAN. And that would be McNally who also has ANASTASIA on broadway.

Posted by InnerMonologue 2018-09-20 16:57:36

It is definitely Terrence McNally

Posted by Stephen75 2018-09-20 16:58:54

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Not Torch Song. It hasn't been announced yet. This was very early script work."

Can you just tell us?

Posted by TheSassySam 2018-09-20 16:59:53

In my dreams, but Audra in THE RINK. 

Posted by little_sally 2018-09-20 17:03:49

Is it a Frankie and Johnny revival?

Posted by natashalost 2018-09-20 17:06:50

Doing a bit of research to try to figure out which show Audra will be in. The only problem is I'm not too familiar with plays so I need some help!

Criteria: Must be a play that has previously been on Broadway, as it is a revival, by a living writer, that will have two shows running simultaneously on Broadway, by the time this opens. (Thanks SomethingPeculiar!)

Here are the possibilities guesses by author! 

Terrence McNally (Anastasia) - The Ritz, Mothers and Sons, It's Only a Play, Deuce, And Things That Go Bump in the Night, Ravenswood, Dunelawn, Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune (This show has a major male and female role, and according to SomethingPeculiar she has an Academy award and Tony-nominated acting co-star)

Rick Elice (The Cher Show) - Peter & the Starcatcher

Lee Hall (Network) - The Pitmen Painters

Harvey Fierstein (Kinky Boots, Torch Song) - Casa Valentina

Aaron Sorkin (To Kill a Mockingbird) - The Farnsworth Invention, A Few Good Men 

Kenneth Lonergan (Waverly Gallery) - This is Our Youth, Lobby Hero

Posted by LimelightMike 2018-09-20 17:07:04

I don't have enough $ for all this theatre, and it's breaking my heart! Lol

Posted by freewilma 2018-09-20 17:15:46

natashalost said: "Doing a bit of research to try to figure out which show Audra will be in. The only problem is I'm not too familiar with plays so I need some help!

Criteria: Must be a play that has previously been on Broadway, as it is a revival, by aliving writer, that will havetwo shows running simultaneouslyon Broadway, by the time this opens. (Thanks SomethingPeculiar!)

Here are the possibilities guesses byauthor!

Terrence McNally (Anastasia) - The Ritz,Mothers and Sons,It's Only a Play,Deuce,And Things That Go Bump in the Night, Ravenswood, Dunelawn,Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune(This show has a major male and female role, and according to SomethingPeculiarshe has an Academy award and Tony-nominated acting co-star)

Rick Elice(The Cher Show) - Peter & the Starcatcher

Lee Hall (Network) - The Pitmen Painters

Harvey Fierstein (Kinky Boots, Torch Song) - Casa Valentina

Aaron Sorkin (To Kill a Mockingbird) - The FarnsworthInvention,A Few Good Men(there are no female roles in this show, however, I'm including it on this list because of the possibility of a gender-bent revival)

Kenneth Lonergan (Waverly Gallery) - This is Our Youth, Lobby Hero
"

Rehearsals started for Mockingbird today.  Any chance there's been a change in the casting of Calpurnia?  And A Few Good Men does have one woman in the cast (my son was in the play just last year).  

Posted by natashalost 2018-09-20 17:17:34

freewilma said: "natashalost said: "...And A Few Good Men does have one woman in the cast (my son was in the play just last year)."

Thank you! Editing my reply. 

Posted by JSquared2 2018-09-20 17:21:42

The correct show has not been mentioned by anyone yet.  

Posted by amazingamandakate 2018-09-20 17:22:22

I just passed by the Shubert yesterday and LaTanya Richardson Jackson was still on the poster

Posted by BroadwayNYC2 2018-09-20 17:23:07

Could she be returning to Master Class? 

Posted by Stephen75 2018-09-20 17:24:04

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Could she be returning to Master Class?"

I think it's definitely Frankie and Johnny. 

Posted by natashalost 2018-09-20 17:31:24

JSquared2 said: "The correct show has not been mentioned by anyone yet."

I went through every living playwright for all musicals and plays that are either currently on Broadway or coming to Broadway soon. Was there a key detail missed?

Are you considering a revival a show that has previously played off-Broadway but not on Broadway? This is the only thing I can think of that would have made me miss whatever show it is.

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-09-20 17:32:50

I tend to think it's Frankie & Johnny.

Would love for it to be Masterclass or Spider Woman. 

Posted by JSquared2 2018-09-20 17:32:54

natashalost said: "JSquared2 said: "The correct show has not been mentioned by anyone yet."

I went through every living playwright for all musicals and plays that are either currently on Broadway or coming to Broadway soon. Was there a key detail missed?

Are you considering a revival a show that has previously played off-Broadway but not on Broadway? This is the only thing I can think of that would have made me miss whatever show it is.
"

Getting warmer --- keep digging! 

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-09-20 17:39:07

Posted by natashalost 2018-09-20 17:46:57

UPDATED LIST: (Not completed)

Criteria: Must be a play that has previously appeard off-Broadway or on Broadway, as it is a revival, by a living writer, that will have two shows running simultaneously on Broadway, by the time this opens. 

Additionally, JSquared2 said before that the correct show has not been named. I have bolded all new additions to the list.

Dominique Morisseau (Ain't Too Proud) - Pipeline, Paradise Blue

Chad Beguelin (Aladdin, The Prom) - Harbor

Itamar Moses  (The Band's Visit) - The Four of Us, Completeness, Bach at Leipzig, Back Back Back

Terrence McNally (Anastasia) - Corpus Christi, Where Has Tommy Flowers Gone?, Sweet Eros/ Witness, Dedication or The Stuff of Dreams, Love! Valour! Compassion!, By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful, A Perfect Ganesh, The Stendhal Syndrome, Adaptation/ Next, Some Men, The Lady of the Carnellias, Short Talks on the Universe, Lips Together, Teeth Apart, The Lisbon Traviata, Golden Age, Fire and Air, Bad Habits, The Ritz, Mothers and Sons, It's Only a Play, Deuce, And Things That Go Bump in the Night, Ravenswood, Dunelawn, Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune, 

Rick Elice (The Cher Show) - Peter & the Starcatcher

Lee Hall (Network) - The Pitmen Painters

Harvey Fierstein (Kinky Boots, Torch Song) - Casa Valentina

Aaron Sorkin (To Kill a Mockingbird) - The Farnsworth Invention, A Few Good Men 

Kenneth Lonergan (Waverly Gallery) - This is Our YouthLobby Hero

Posted by Sauja 2018-09-20 17:49:14

JSquared2 said: "natashalost said: "JSquared2 said: "The correct show has not been mentioned by anyone yet."

"

Getting warmer --- keep digging!

"

OMG. Audra McDonald in a one-woman Corpus Christi. 

Realer guesses: Stendhal Syndrome or Dedication/The Stuff of Dreams.

Posted by Sauja 2018-09-20 17:51:10

Natasha, to be helpful, The Four of Us, Back Back Back, and Bach at Leipzig don't have female characters.

Posted by BroadwayNYC2 2018-09-20 17:51:26

While we're on the subject, I want a revival of LIPS TOGETHER TEETH APART. Make it happen

Posted by Sauja 2018-09-20 17:53:56

BroadwayNYC2 said: "While we're on the subject, I want a revival of LIPS TOGETHER TEETH APART. Make it happen"

There was one (not especially well received) at Second Stage in 2014. And then, of course, the aborted Roundabout production of a few years earlier.

Posted by LimelightMike 2018-09-20 17:55:04

Can we just ... get the title already? Lol

Posted by CT2NYC 2018-09-20 18:00:44

No one has mentioned Lanford Wilson yet. Talley's Folly?

Posted by Sauja 2018-09-20 18:02:56

CT2NYC said: "No one has mentioned Lanford Wilson yet.Talley's Folly?"

Sadly, he's no longer with us, so he doesn't fit the criteria. And is Burn This for sure happening?

I confess, I like a good guessing game and happen to have some free time at the moment. Far too much of which I'm spending mentally inserting Audra McDonald into random shows.

Posted by phan24 2018-09-20 18:35:04

It’s definitely already been mentioned here, a Terrence McNally play.

Posted by MayAudraBlessYou2 2018-09-20 18:51:34

Wow, quite an impressive list! :)

In terms of the co-star I mentioned...he was Tony nominated for his most recent Broadway role. He won the Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Award but ultimately lost at the Tonys.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-09-20 18:53:37

This thread is so damn stupid.

Posted by Sauja 2018-09-20 19:04:59

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Wow, quite an impressive list! :)

In terms of the co-star I mentioned...he was Tony nominated for his most recent Broadway role. He won the Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Award but ultimately lost at the Tonys.
"

Michael Shannon? 

I have become FAR too invested in this. Feel free to shoot me a message. :)

Posted by Elegance101 2018-09-20 19:06:14

Is it just the two of them or are there other roles in this production? Have those roles been cast?

Posted by Stephen75 2018-09-20 19:10:25

"

It's Michael Shannon. I'm guessing in either Frankie or Johnny or Talleys Folly.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-09-20 19:13:57

Guys. Shes singing with the illustionsts!

Posted by natashalost 2018-09-20 19:19:49

"

IS IT DANNY DEVITO?

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-09-20 19:22:36

natashalost said: "MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Wow, quite an impressive list! :)

"

IS IT DANNY DEVITO?
"

Danny and Audra is Lips Together would be an event...

Posted by Robbie2 2018-09-20 21:25:50

Sondheimite said: "natashalost said: "MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Wow, quite an impressive list! :)

"

IS IT DANNY DEVITO?
"

Danny and Audra is Lips Together would be an event...
"

Eh...wasn't this revived a couple of years ago at 2ndStage? Not a great play!

Posted by BwayJudd 2018-09-20 21:49:19

It was scheduled to be revived in 2010, but never was. I would love to see this!

Posted by wolfwriter 2018-09-20 22:32:00

I became oddly invested in this thread and once I saw Terrence McNally's name, all I could envision is a Ragtime revival with Audra, made all-the-more poignant by losing our beloved Marin Mazzie, this week. 

Posted by GeorgeandDot 2018-09-20 23:42:04

So it's definitely a play and not a musical?

Posted by Here I Am 2018-09-21 01:52:32

Haven’t there been whispers of ‘A Few Good Men’ returning to Broadway for a while? There’s a great female lead in that for her...

Posted by carolinaguy 2018-09-21 09:28:29

Posted by ErmengardeStopSniveling 2018-09-21 10:00:43

Here I Am said: "Haven’t there been whispers of ‘A Few Good Men’ returning to Broadway for a while? There’s a great female lead in that for her..."

Isn't NBC doing it as a "live" play with Alec Baldwin?

Posted by ViniFromBrazil 2018-09-21 10:41:56

Catfish should be filming this.

Posted by Jeffrey Karasarides 2018-09-21 10:57:01

"

Danny Burstein?

Posted by Elegance101 2018-09-21 11:08:12

Jeffrey Karasarides said:
Danny Burstein?"

Never been nominated for an Oscar.

Posted by CT2NYC 2018-09-21 11:25:42

I think it's been decided that the actor in question is Michael Shannon.

Posted by Robbie2 2018-09-21 19:30:38

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Here I Am said: "Haven’t there been whispers of ?A Few Good Men’ returning to Broadway for a while? There’s a great female lead in that for her..."

"

Yes and it has been moved to spring 2019

Posted by NOWaWarning 2018-09-21 19:37:59

Yes and it has been moved to spring 2019

Let’s hope they keep moving it until the end of time.

Posted by 10086sunset 2018-09-22 14:35:50

Really wish it was The Ritz.

Posted by Here I Am 2018-09-24 03:12:10

I totally forget about the live NBC version.

Posted by WayTooBroadway 2018-10-02 14:49:56

Posted by LizzieCurry 2018-10-02 14:52:36

Thanks...?

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-10-02 14:55:45

Any updates?

Posted by TexanAddams18 2018-10-17 22:07:34

Surprised BWW hasn't reported on this, but per Garage Theatre Group's FB, Audra will be performing a reading of Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune  On October 29th in Teaneck, New Jersey. They posted a picture of her and another actor who they did not name (I do not recognize him). 

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-10-17 22:11:47

TexanAddams18, where do you see that? I can't see anything about Audra on the group's Facebook page or in the event for the reading.

Posted by TexanAddams18 2018-10-17 22:14:35

The hyper link you just sent is the group, not the company's page. 

https://www.facebook.com/GarageTheatreGroup/

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-10-17 22:16:35

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-10-17 22:21:13

Ooh, gotcha! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-10-17 22:23:38

So if this is the case, and rumors are broadway, what theatre could this possibly go into? Whats left at this point?

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-10-17 22:31:07

who the flipping flip is the guy in the picture with her?

Posted by When I get low... 2018-10-17 22:46:18

Sondheimite: who the flipping flip is the guy in the picture with her??

The guy in the picture is the playwright of Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune, Terrence McNally. (I think that’s an old photo.)

Posted by billyelliotfan123 2018-10-17 23:37:18

That just hurt my soul a little bit

Posted by Kad 2018-10-18 10:15:20

I'd be a little surprised if this is really the revival.

Posted by SomethingPeculiar 2018-10-18 11:05:03

That's the title that had previously been rumored on this thread, Kad.

Posted by JSquared2 2018-10-18 11:09:21

It doesn't appear to state anywhere that Audra is doing this reading in New Jersey.  She's featured in the documentary, so it seems that the Garage Theatre Company's post is misleading.

Posted by Kad 2018-10-18 11:10:40

SomethingPeculiar said: "That's the title that had previously been rumored on this thread, Kad."

I know. And I still find it surprising.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-10-23 14:11:27

Bwayfan292 said: "Sorry to double post, my guess

Limited engagement of Kiss of the Spiderwoman
There was a reading in 2015 staring Audra.
"

Looks like my guess was correct. 

Posted by Catsbroadwayfan 2018-11-11 19:50:43

Any updates????? Is this not happening or

Posted by GreeneStreet 2018-11-11 19:52:03

Spiderwoman, at the cort. Previews start in Feb.

Posted by KJisgroovy 2018-11-11 19:58:36

King Lear is at the Cort until spring. So...?

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-11-13 22:49:38

wHaT tHe fLiP wIlSoN iS gOiNg On wItH tHiS?1?1?1?

Posted by 10086sunset 2018-11-14 04:00:34

Per the NYP

Michael Shannon and Audra McDonald are in talks to star in a Broadway revival of “Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune,” Page Six has exclusively learned.

There is buzz that negotiations are going on to launch the starry production of the play by Terrence McNally — who just celebrated his 80th birthday — next season

https://pagesix.com/2018/11/12/michael-shannon-and-audra-mcdonald-in-talks-for-frankie-and-johnny-revival/

Posted by TheGingerBreadMan 2019-01-23 16:37:28

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Audra-McDonald-and-Michael-Shannon-Will-Bring-FRANKIE-AND-JOHNNY-IN-THE-CLAIR-DE-LUNE-to-Broadway-This-May-20190123

Official!