Day tickets for Lear at the National

theeatah
Featured Actor
Posted: 2/11/14 at 12:18pm
Hi, could someone in the know tell me a good time to arrive in order to queue for day tickets to King Lear at the National?
AvenueQResident
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/11/14 at 12:20pm
5:30 earliest. Probably no later than 7:30.
Everything in life...is only for now.
theeatah
Featured Actor
Posted: 2/11/14 at 12:59pm
... 5.30AM?
AvenueQResident
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/11/14 at 07:05pm
Yup. Been an early call for this one and it's only been playing a few weeks.
Everything in life...is only for now.
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/12/14 at 10:59am
That is insane for the back row of the Olivier. Returns queue for this one I think...
theeatah
Featured Actor
Posted: 2/12/14 at 11:41am
Thanks for the info, AvenueQResident!
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/12/14 at 06:43pm
I got an email that says additional tickets will be on sale on 13 February for King Lear.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/24/14 at 05:09am
I wonder what has caused this to be such a hot ticket?
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar***
Anne-Marie Varberg
Swing
Posted: 3/2/14 at 06:15pm
Probably the combination of National Theatre, Sam Mendes and Simon Russell Beale?
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/2/14 at 07:23pm
Thanks for the post, which you have raised some very good points?

Would Sam Mendes being a director really sell tickets, it's not really like you are going to see him on stage?

As big as Simon Russell Beale is, he really did struggle to sell tickets for the 'Hot House' in a theatre the quarter of the size. If you point is that people would flock to see Simon in an iconic role in Shakespeare's as King Lear than a Harold Pinter play, then this could be fair?

As big as a reputation as the National Theatre is, it often can struggle to sell tickets. Could there be an upsurge in the popularity of Shakespeare, this can be witnessed by how well tickets have sold recently both in the West End and Broadway, especially as the later has just had 5 Shakespeare plays, play there theatres.

Just thinking outside the box, but the opposite side as you.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar***

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Message Board

Miss Saigon Previews 121 Posts

BWW BLOGS