Comscore

Dirty Rotten great cast lining up

AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Posted: 10/24/13 at 05:29pm
Katherine Kingsley is expected to join Robert Lindsay in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Rufus Hound is being lined up to play Freddie.

The show is expected to be fully announced and go on sale in the coming weeks
devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/24/13 at 05:53pm
Rufus Hound- comedy vacuum in One Man Two Guvnors.
Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/25/13 at 12:54am
Haha yes Katherine kingsley was my suggestion, perfect casting
So glad this wont be amanda holdens return to the west end (which she says is happening next year)
ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/25/13 at 05:25am
Can't wait for this. Casting sounds brilliant.
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow ***** Great Britain **** The Crucible **** The Pajama Game **** Mamma Mia *** Anna Nicole **** Barnum (UK Tour) ***** Simon Callow: The Man Jesus *****
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/25/13 at 08:41am
This does sound exciting, can't wait.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot*****
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/25/13 at 02:26pm
Not about Rufus Hound but Robert Lindsay and Katherine Kingsley are great so will likely see it, it is still going to the Savoy?
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Not about Rufus Hound but Robert Lindsay and Katherine Kingsley are great so will likely see it, it is still going to the Savoy?
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/31/13 at 07:37pm
Award-winning actor Robert Lindsay is returning to the musical stage for the first time in 16 years, alongside funny man Rufus Hound and lithe leading lady Katherine Kingsley, in a part that should make her a star.
The trio will appear in the stage adaptation of the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, about sophisticated con artists living it up on the French Riviera. The 1988 picture starred Michael Caine and Steve Martin.
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, with music and lyrics by David Yazbek and book by Jeffrey Lane, had a chequered history on Broadway because, initially, it was miscast. However, when Jonathan Pryce teamed up with Norbert Lutz, it took off and became a hit because the chemistry was right.
‘That was important to get right here,’ said Jerry Mitchell, who choreographed the New York show but will direct the production that will run at the Savoy Theatre from March 10 after ‘outta town’ runs at Manchester Opera House (from February 12) and Aylesbury’s Waterside Theatre (from February 26).
‘I saw Robert in Me And My Girl in London and he’s very much at home on the musical stage,’ said Mitchell, who directed the Tony-award winning smash Kinky Boots on Broadway and Legally Blonde in New York and London.
‘I’ve always thought that if Dirty Rotten Scoundrels came to London, Robert would be on my list, because he can act, sing and dance.
He’s a hoofer at heart,’ he said, as we sat in the Savoy Hotel discussing the show that will inaugurate Jerry Mitchell Productions, which is presenting the musical in partnership with producer Howard Panter and the Ambassador Theatre Group.
Lindsay will play debonair Lawrence Jameson, with Hound as his less polished sidekick, Freddy Benson.
Panter told me that Lindsay’s young sons had helped pick Hound. ‘Robert asked his children about Rufus and they knew him from One Man, Two Guvnors and Celebrity Juice. They just shouted: “Pick him — he’s funny!”’
Lindsay and Hound’s co-star, Katherine Kingsley, is currently playing Helena in Michael Grandage’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Noel Coward Theatre, but she has appeared in many musicals including Piaf, Aspects Of Love and Singin’ In The Rain, and more than deserves her name in lights in a big West End show. Appropriately, her first number in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is Here I Am.
Mitchell, along with Yazbek and Lane, have spent sessions tightening, re-writing and re-conceiving the show. For instance, the first 15 minutes have been re-choreographed.
‘It’s completely different from what we did on Broadway,’ Mitchell explained, adding that Olivier award-winning designer Peter McKintosh has redesigned it from top to bottom.

2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot*****
sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/1/13 at 10:20pm
However, when Jonathan Pryce teamed up with Norbert Lutz, it took off and became a hit because the chemistry was right.

Norbert Lutz? Who he? I know a Norbert Leo Butz who was with John Lithgow in a show by this neam. But when he teamed w a Jonathan Pryce well, let's be kind and say the show closed for other reasons.
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin "Happiness is up to you. You just have to understand what it is before you get it." -Elaine Stritch
devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/2/13 at 04:39am
Jonathan Pryce wasn't in the show when it closed- Keith Carradine was playing the lead.

I saw John Lithgow in the show and it was a comedy masterclass. His slow burn is one of the best in the business and he held the audience in the palm of his hand.

Looks like Baz is still not inclined to research his column properly.

Message Board

Memphis West End 8 Posts
Hedwig 13 Posts

BWW BLOGS