Bergen County Players to Present AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS, 2/15-3/8
Halfway thru its' 81st season, the Bergen County Players (BCP) continues its' "From Page to Stage" season theme with its' presentation of Around The World In 80 Days. Under the direction of Ray Yucis, Around The World In 80 Days will be performed at the Little Firehouse Theatre in Oradell from February 15th through March 8th. Friday and Saturday performances are at 8 pm and Sunday performances are at 2 pm. Tickets can be purchased online at www.bcplayers.org, by calling 201-261-4200 or by visiting the box office at 298 Kinderkamack Road during regular box office hours.
Based on the novel by Jules Verne, this imaginative stage version follows the adventures of Phileas Fogg of London and his French valet, Passepartout, as they attempt to circumnavigate the world in 80 days in order to collect on a 20,000 pound wager (equal to about $2 million today). Recently produced Off-Broadway, this version of Verne's classic tale of adventure uses only a handful of actors and a few suggestive pieces of scenery to portray the many characters and exotic locales.
This lively production of Around The World In 80 Days is directed by long-time BCP member Ray Yucis. "This story is, in many ways, the first adventure story of the modern age," says Yucis. "Long before Indiana Jones there was Phileas Fogg. A terrific cast and a great design team are working hard to bring this rollicking tale to the stage." He concludes by saying, "It will be a perfect entertainment for the entire family."
The cast of Around The World In 80 Days includes: Jordan Zaretsky (South Amboy) as Phileas Fogg, Vanessa Garrabrant (Garfield) as Aouda, Bill Cantor (Woodcliff Lake) as Fix & others, James Lesko (Englewood) as Sir Francis & others, Darren Carfano (Suffern) as Passepartou & others, and Allen Pines (Fair Lawn) and Christian Spinella (East Rutherford) as Tour Guides.
Production team members include: Ray Yucis (Director), Linda Taub (Assistant Director), Meri Apfel and Geri Berhain (Co-Producers), Geri Berhain (Stage Manager), Michael Smith (Set Design & Photography), Jeff Pieper (Set Décor & Properties), Allan Seward (Lighting Design), Nicole Parentes (Lighting Operation), Tim Larsen (Sound Design), Andrew Whitney (Sound Operation), Nancy Rollins and Meri Apfel (Publicity and Marketing), Marisa Dolkart and Stephanie Ofshinsky (Costumes), Pat Bain (Dresser), Nadiya Braham (Make-up), Marci
Weinstein (Program Notes).
TICKET AND SCHEDULE INFORMATION:
• All performances of Around The World In 80 Days take place at The Little Firehouse Theatre, 298 Kinderkamack Road in Oradell, home to the Bergen County Players since 1949. Performance times are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 pm and Sundays at 2 pm.
• Tickets are $20 for all evening performances, $16 for Sunday matinees, and can be purchased online at www.bcplayers.org, by calling 201-261-4200, or by visiting the box office during regular box office hours. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards are accepted.
• Those interested in group sales of 20 or more tickets may call 201-261-4200, x6.
• As it has for the past few seasons, BCP continues to offer a "Questions & Artists" (Q&A) discussion following select performances. The Around the World in 80 Days Q&A will take place immediately following the February 21, 2014 performance. Admission is included in the cost of the ticket.
• Discount tickets for students age 25 and under with proper ID are available for $14 by phone or walk-up only.
• Parking is free at the Park Avenue municipal lot across the street, one half blocks north of the theater.
The Bergen County Players has grown tremendously from its roots as a small community theater when it was founded in 1932; today, nearly 300 volunteer members, working on and off stage, make possible the nine productions presented each season. The remaining season includes: To Kill A Mockingbird (March 22nd - April 12th, 2014) and Ruthless! The Musical (May 3rd to June 1st, 2014), with the remaining Second Stage production being My Favorite Wife (June 7th and June 8th, 2014).
Bergen County Players, Inc. is a non-equity, non-profit community theater company dedicated to presenting quality productions for the enrichment of the community.
Further information can be found at www.bcplayers.org.