Peter Vann directs as GO, DOG. GO! Continues Nashville Children's Theatre's 81st Season
Nashville Children's Theatre (NCT) continues its 81st season with Go, Dog. Go!-an energetic romp that entertains all ages of kids and adults.
This innovative adaptation of one of the best-loved books for early readers bursts to life on NCT's stage in an explosion of movement, a kaleidoscope of color and a circus-wagon load of clowning. Audiences are invited to join Red Dog, Blue Dog, Yellow Dog and Green Dog as they bark, scoot, scratch, drive, and howl at the moon. Go, Dog. Go! is described as an exhilarating celebration of childhood for children of all ages.
Peter Vann, who played the role of MC Dog in NCT's 2008 production of Go, Dog. Go! directs this production.
"The last time NCT produced this play I had to miss four performances due to the birth of my first son," says Vann. "I could not be more pleased and giddily excited to now be directing this tremendously funny show just at the time that my boy is old enough to get all of the jokes. I've never been in a play that so successfully makes an entire audience literally bust a gut laughing within the first 45 seconds of the show, and then continue to relentlessly sustain that feeling of breathless awe and uncontrollable laughter until the very last second of the show. Go, Dog. Go! is truly astounding."
Scenic design is by Mitch Massaro, with costume design by Patricia Taber, video design by Colin Peterson, and lighting design by Scott Leathers.
- NCT offers a Sensory Friendly Performance on Saturday, May 18 at 2 p.m. The theater welcomes all kids and families to our performances, but knowsthat some families hesitate to bring their children to live theatre without knowing how they might react. The Sensory Friendly performance is designed to be a safe and accepting environment where children with disabilities and their typically developing peers are free to speak and move in reaction to the story being told onstage. NCT provides a Comfort Room in the back of our theatre where audience members can always adjust both light and sound levels. This Comfort Room is available for any performance at NCT.
- Tickets can be purchased online at nashvillect.org or by phone at (615) 252-4675.
- Preview Performance: Thursday, April 11 at 6:30 p.m. : This performance has discounted pricing of $6/youth and $12/adult and senior, and is open to the public.
- Opening Saturday: Saturday, April 13 - Prior to the 11 am performance on this day, NCT hosts special show related activities. These activities are free.
- After-words: Saturday, April 20 - After the 11 am performance, we invite the audience to enjoy a Q & A with some of the show's cast and technical staff to learn more about the show's creation.
- Open Captioning: Saturday, April 27 - The 11 am performance will offer open captioning for patrons with hearing loss. Open Captioning is co-sponsored by Tennessee Captioning.
Pictured: Josh Bernaski, photographed by Colin Peterson