Latin Music Industry Icon Alex Sensation Named Co-Chair of Hispanicize 2017
Alex Sensation, the most influential DJ and radio personality in Spanish-language radio in the United States, and Carolina Santamarina, Senior Vice President of Portafolio of Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (SBS) (OTCQX: SBSAA), today were named co-chairs of the national advisory board of Hispanicize 2017. The 8th annual Hispanicize (www.HispanicizeEvent.com) takes place in downtown Miami April 3-6.
"Even though Alex and Dorinda are very different, they are also a strong complement to each other in how we have elevated the event this year," said Manny Ruiz, CEO and founder of Hispanicize Media Group, the company that owns the event.
"Alex's has had a profound influence on the radio industry and his presence and involvement will catapult Hispanicize to a new level within the Latin music industry this year. In contrast, Dorinda has been a major catalyst in helping us build much stronger financial and technology empowerment platforms during our events. Together they are truly the backbone of an incredible advisory board that really outdid themselves this year."
This year's Hispanicize event board features senior executives and influencers from the nation's leading U.S. Hispanic brands, marketing agencies, digital content creators, journalism, Latin music and film industries.
(See the Hispanicize 2016 recap video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3isMcekbEM).
In addition to Alex Sensation, the Hispanicize 2017 board adds to its distinguished group another SBS Executive, Carolina Santamarina, and also:
- Richard Montanez, Director of Multicultural Sales and Marketing - North America, PepsiCo
- Nydia Sahagun, Senior Vice President, Segment Marketing, Wells Fargo
- Ozzie Areu, President, Tyler Perry Studios
- Carlos Orta, Vice President of Corporate Affairs, Carnival Corporation
- Jonathan Guerin, Senior Public Relations Manager, United Airlines
- Steve Barrett, Editorial Director, PRWeek
- Claudia Gonzalez Romo, Global Communications, UNICEF and Chairman of the Hispanicize CMO Summit
- Carolina Santamarina, Senior Vice-President of SBS Portafolio
- Alberto Mendoza, Executive Director, National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- Mekahlo Medina, Immediate Past President, National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- Hugo Balta, Past President, National Association of Hispanic Journalists and ?Senior Director, Hispanic Initiatives, ESPN Deportes
- Veronica Villafañe, Publisher, MediaMoves.com
- Gloria Rodriguez, President, Comunicad
- Luis Gonzalez, President, Ccom Group
- David Duckenfield, Partner, Balsera Communications
--- Mike Valdes-Fauli, President & CEO, Pinta
- Natalie Boden, President, Boden
- Carlos Correcha-Price, General Manager, Edelman Miami
- Kety Esquivel, Senior Vice President - US Hispanic Consumer and Tech Practice, Edelman
- Jose Villa, President, Sensis
- Steve D. Nivet, Area President - South Florida, Regions Financial Corporation
- Yvonne Lorie, National President of the Hispanic Public Relations Association and President of ReFresh PR
- Jorge Ortega, Executive Vice President, Managing Director, Burson Marsteller-Miami
- Jorge A. Plasencia, Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO, República
- Calixto Chinchilla, Director of Hispanicize Film Showcase and Executive Director of the New York International Latino Film Festival
- Audrey Ponzio, President, APC Collective
- Cristy Clavijo-Kish, Chief Development Officer of Hispanicize Media Group and Chair of the 2017 Tecla Awards
- Katherine Johnson, Partner, Hispanicize Media Group and Co-Director, Hispanicize Music Festival
- Vincent Betancourt, Film & Entertainment Commissioner, City of Miami
- José Hernández Falcón, Founder, Puerto Rico BloggerCon
- Jay Mendoza, Digital Creator
- Matt Cherry, Publisher, iBlog Magazine
- George "Urban Jibaro" Torres
Overall, Hispanicize 2017 Week this year will feature more than 200+ speakers in 100+ sessions, workshops, fireside chats and keynotes. Hispanicize 2017 also includes the 2nd annual DiMe Summit, the 4th annual Positive Impact Awards gala and the 3rd annual Tecla Awards. See the official preview video of Hispanicize 2017 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c-oWnYBM0c.
Among the most prominent items on the national advisory board's agenda are judging the national Latino Influencer Awards for excellence in digital content creation, marketing and cultural influence, the Positive Impact Awards, the evolution of the Hispanicize Music Festival, the creation of the first Hispanic Journalist Showcase for Spanish-speaking journalists and the Hispanicize Film Showcase.
Presented by Prudential Financial, Hispanicize 2017 Week (www.HispanicizeEvent.com) is sponsored by a growing list of sponsors. As of today, announced sponsors also include: P&G Orgullosa, Crest, Toyota, SBS' LaMusica, Wells Fargo, Walmart, State Farm, NASCAR, Best Western, Go Rving, KOA, Israel Board of Tourism, The W.K. Kellogg Foundation, AARP, CNN, CNN Español, Cooper Tires, The City of Miami, Kelley Blue Book, Princess House, Home Depot, Regions Bank, Pan American Life Insurance, ESPN Deportes, Florida Dairy Farmers, Ole Henriksen, Lansinoh, República, C-Com Group, Synergy Workspaces, FundLatinos.com, APC Collective, BodenPR, Savings.com, Visit Philly, SaludMóvil, The Calvert Foundation and Dvdendo.
Additional media partners include: PRWeek, Hispanicize Wire, Mamiverse, LatinaMoms.com, Popful, Hispanic Kitchen, 2BTube, PRODU, El Sentinel, Puerto Rico BloggerCon, Hispanic PR Blog, the Hispanic Public Relations Association, Miami Herald Media, Media Moves, iBlog Magazine, and the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR).
About Spanish Broadcasting System
Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. is a leading Hispanic media company that owns and operates 17 radio stations located in the top U.S. Hispanic markets of New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Puerto Rico, airing the Spanish Tropical, Regional Mexican, Spanish Adult Contemporary, Top 40 and Latin Rhythmic format genres. SBS also operates AIRE Radio Networks, a national radio platform which creates, distributes and markets leading Spanish-language radio programming to over 250 affiliated stations reaching 93% of the U.S. Hispanic audience. SBS also owns MegaTV, a television operation with over-the-air, cable and satellite distribution and affiliates throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. SBS also produces live concerts and events and owns multiple bilingual websites, including www.LaMusica.com, an online destination and mobile app providing content related to Latin music, entertainment, news and culture. For more information, visit us online at www.spanishbroadcasting.com.
About The Hispanicize Event
Now in its 8th year, Hispanicize 2017 Week (www.HispanicizeEvent.com) (#Hispz17) is the iconic, largest annual event for Latino trendsetters and newsmakers in digital content creation, journalism, marketing, entertainment and tech entrepreneurship.
Hispanicize 2017 is expected to gather more than 3,000 of the nation's most influential Latino professionals from the industries of digital content creation, journalism, music, marketing, film and business over four days. The event will take place in downtown Miami's JW Marriott Marquis Hotel, April 3-6, 2017.
The Hispanicize event is a launch pad for creative endeavors, new products, technologies, marketing campaigns, films, books, music and more targeting Latinos in the U.S. and/or Puerto Rico.
The Hispanicize event is owned and operated by Hispanicize Media Group, LLC, the parent company of DiMe Media, Hispanic Kitchen and the Hispanic PR Blog.
The Hispanicize Event can be found on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Hispanicize, Instagram (@HispanicizeEvent) and Twitter (@Hispanicize).