2014 Hollywood Fringe Festival Sets New Ticketing Records

July 16
12:05 PM 2014

2014 Hollywood Fringe Festival Sets New Ticketing Records

Hollywood Fringe Festival organizers announced today that the fifth annual festival, which closed June 29th, was the biggest festival yet, selling about 30% more tickets this year than in 2013. The numbers reflect a growth trend that has been in place since the festival began in 2010:

  • Ticket sales have increased 170% since the inaugural festival (2010)
  • Over 46,000 seats were filled (11,000 more than Fringe 2013)
  • The festival sold an estimated $389,000 in tickets this year. Approximately 52% of all tickets were "Fringe-sold" (sold directly through www.hollywoodfringe.org and the Fringe box office) and the remaining 48% of transactions were "venue-sold" (sold at the door of participating venues). It's important to note that the central Fringe organization doesn't touch a dollar of this money-- all $389,000 has been returned to Fringe artists and venues.
  • 290 productions participated in this year's event, securing the Hollywood Fringe's place as one of the largest open-access arts festivals in the world. During June, nearly 1,500 performances were staged at 64 spaces throughout Hollywood.

Organizers say they are already planning for the 2015 Hollywood Fringe Festival; dates will be announced shortly.

The Hollywood Fringe Festival is an annual, open-access, community-derived event celebrating freedom of expression and collaboration in the performing arts community. Each June during the Hollywood Fringe, the arts infiltrate the Hollywood neighborhood: Fully equipped theaters, parks, clubs, churches, restaurants and other unexpected places host hundreds of productions by local, national, and international arts companies and independent performers. Participation in the Hollywood Fringe is completely open and uncensored. This free-for-all approach underlines the festival's mission to be a platform for artists without the barrier of a curative body. By opening the gates to anyone with a vision, the festival is able to exhibit the most diverse and cutting-edge points-of-view the world has to offer. Additionally, by creating an environment where artists must self-produce their work, the Fringe motivates its participants to cultivate a spirit of entrepreneurialism in the arts.

Los Angeles THEATER Stories | Shows  Like BWW LA  Follow BWW LA




BROADWAYWORLD TV

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Latest - The Journey of HAIRSPRAY- From Screen to Stage and Back Again!
The MeshugaNutcracker! in BroadwayThe MeshugaNutcracker!
Gindi Auditorium at American Jewish University
(Runs 12/17 - 1/1)
Bare Naked Angels: Holiday Edition, A Toys for Tots Benefit in BroadwayBare Naked Angels: Holiday Edition, A Toys for Tots Benefit
Actors Workout Studio
(Runs 12/9 - 12/18)
ADDAMS FAMILY
Nevada Union High School
(Runs 1/27 - 2/4)
Fun Home in BroadwayFun Home
Ahmanson Theatre
(Runs 2/21 - 4/1)
Other People's Money in BroadwayOther People's Money
Pico Playhouse
(Runs 12/9 - 12/18)

VIEW ALL ADD A SHOW AUDITIONS

Save $$$ on Tickets to:
Backstage with Richard Ridge
JERSEY BOYS' Mark Ballas
Backstage Bite
BACKSTAGE BITE Thanksgiving Special!
Turning the Tables
BWW TV LAST MINUTE with Randy Rainbow Congas to ON YOUR FEET!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
Randy Rainbow Checks in w/ Liza to Chat HAIRSPRAY, Pence & More!
KID CRITICS
KID CRITICS at BLUE MAN!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
SHUFFLE ALONG Reunites at Broadway Sessions!
Advertisement AdvertisementAdvertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement