TUTS Unveils New 'Golden Ticket' Sweepstakes
Move over Willy Wonka, Theatre Under The Stars (TUTS) is offering the hottest "Golden Ticket" in town! TUTS is creating a Houston "first" by giving one lucky winner the ultimate TUTS experience: a pair of free tickets to every show on the 2014-15 TUTS and TUTS Underground season along with invitations to special parties and unique events.
- WHEN: Now through June 30
- HOW TO REGISTER: Visit www.TUTS.com/GoldenTicket to enter the sweepstakes.
- RULES: Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and "like" both TUTS and TUTS Underground on Facebook. A full list of rules are listed on the web site.
- PRIZE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Two tickets to each TUTS production in Sarofim Hall
- Two tickets to each TUTS Underground production in Zilkha Hall
- Two VIP tickets to the Tommy Tune Awards in April 2015
- A personal backstage tour of the Hobby Center
- A parking pass for each of the TUTS and TUTS Underground performances at Hobby Center
- WHY: To bestow one lucky winner the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the complete TUTS experience.
"TUTS is making Houston theatre history with the Golden Ticket contest. This is the chance of a lifetime, and we're excited to see the city's reaction to this priceless opportunity," said John Breckenridge, TUTS CEO and President.
Theatre Under The Stars is Houston's acclaimed nonprofit musical theatre company whose mission is to enrich life through the experience of quality musical theatre and to positively impact lives beyond the stage through innovative education and community engagement programs. TUTS performs annually in Sarofim Hall and Zilkha Hall at the Hobby Center and at Miller Outdoor Theatre. TUTS was the first theatrical organization in Houston to perform free to the public when it was founded in 1968 at Miller Outdoor Theatre in Hermann Park and is the only Houston arts organization that has performed there free to the public every year since the theatre opened. Founded by Frank M. Young and currently under the direction of President and CEO John C. Breckenridge and Artistic Director Bruce Lumpkin, TUTS has produced more than 300 musicals including many local, national and world. Through its membership in the Independent Presenters Network, TUTS regularly financially contributes to shows on Broadway, which eventually allows the company to bring the shows to Houston for local audiences to enjoy.
In support of TUTS' mission, TUTS' Education & Community Engagement programs provide year-round instruction and stage experience. The Humphreys School of Musical Theatre offers technique-driven classes for all ability levels and ages. Through The River Performing and Visual Arts Center, TUTS provides an accessible and inclusive arts education for individuals of all abilities. TUTS Education & Community Engagement provides extended on-site programming as well as off-site programming for children in schools, hospitals and other community-based sites. TUTS also annually presents the Tommy Tune Awards, honoring the best and brightest in Houston's high school musical theatre programs.