Cake Boss to Judge Cake Decorating Competition at The Bushnell
To celebrate An Evening with Buddy Valastro: The Cake Boss coming to the Mortensen Hall stage, The Bushnell will host a cake decorating competition, with the five finalist cakes to be previewed and judged by the Cake Boss himself! The winning cake will be presented on stage during the live show, An Evening with Buddy Valastro: The Cake Boss at The Bushnell on Friday, April 27 at 7:30 p.m, part of the Robinson & Cole Family Series.
The Competition fee is $125.00 and includes entry of one Bushnell themed cake and two orchestra seats to An Evening with Buddy Valastro: The Cake Boss. For more information and to enter the competition please call Paige Abrams, Director of Facility Sales and Service, The Bushnell at (860) 987-6024 or Paige_Abrams@bushnell.org.
Competition Rules and Details
- Limit to 12 entries.
- Contest is open to persons 18 and older.
- The theme for the competition is “On The Bushnell Stage” and is open to artistic interpretation.
- Three local judges: Warren Hardman, pastry chef, Max Downtown; Eric Daniels, Partner Robinson & Cole; Rachel Frank, FOX CT meteorologist, will preview cakes and select five finalists. Buddy Valastro will select the winning cake which will be announced from the stage during the show and the cake will be rolled on stage. Winning cake will be moved to stage and should be a consideration in the design.
- During judging, contestants must be able to explain their design and assembly and be willing to answer judges’ questions about cake decorating. Judges will not be tasting cakes. Cakes can be dummy cakes.
- All contestants will be provided a table or space no larger than six feet. Bushnell will provide black tablecloth or contestant may provide own with prior approval from The Bushnell.
- All cakes must be assembled and ready for viewing by local judges at 5:00p.m. on Friday, April 27, 2012.
- Cakes will be on display prior to show for ticket holders to the show. Ticket to show is required to preview cakes.
- The Bushnell has the right to disqualify any cake from the competition.
- Deadline for entry is April 11, 2012
Tickets for An Evening with Buddy Valastro: The Cake Boss are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting The Bushnell Box Office at 166 Capitol Avenue in Hartford or by calling (860) 987-5900. Tickets may also be purchased online at www.bushnell.org. Tickets start at $25.00. Ticket prices do not include all applicable fees.