BWW Reviews: Frank Basile Plays the Metropolitan Room
Celeste Holm said to her husband Frank Basile "What took you so long?" (when he informed her he was preparing a Cabaret Act). Everyone that has seen Frank's sold out shows at the Metropolitan Room has asked the same question.
Frank has a great well trained voice, he chose a great song list and interjected wonderful stories about his interesting past. The result was a show that brought the packed room to cheers (bravos) after most of his selections. It was an emotional evening of laughter, tears, and great singing in a flawless and seamless combination of The American Songbook, Opera, and contemporary music. Frank at one point told of his military service and of singing for the vice-president. He then broke into a stirring rendition of America the Beautiful. Frankly speaking, Frank Basile is a voice to be heard. Directing Franks act was John-Richard Thompson. Musical Director Bob Goldstone, Bass Maleson, and Guitar Joseph Gianono
Photo Credit: Stephen Sorokoff
EllenHart Sturm & Guests
- Photo Coverage: Lucie Arnaz Brings SPRING IS HERE to Cafe Carlyle
- Photo Coverage: Len Cariou, Penny Fuller, Lee Roy Reams & More Take Part in 54 SINGS APPLAUSE
- Photo Coverage: Carolee Carmello, Telly Leung & More Sing at BROADWAY SHOWSTOPPERS at 54 Below
- Photo Coverage: Haley Swindal Brings PLAY TO WIN to 54 Below
- Photo Coverage: Le Cirque Cafe's MUSICAL MONDAYS Features Diane Marino Quartet
- Photo Coverage: Sally Wilfert Returns to 54 Below!
- Photo Coverage: Take a Look at 92Y Lyrics & Lyricists' Rodgers and Hammerstein Celebration, Including Groff, Gonzalez & More
- Photo Coverage: The New York Pops LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION: A NIGHT IN HOLLYWOOD Rehearsal Photos
- Photo Coverage: Anna Chlumsky, Randy Graff and Cady Huffman Bring THE ACT to 54 Below