NBC NIGHTLY NEWS is Most-Watched Newscast of the Week
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" was America's most-watched newscast for the week ending May 16, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data. Year-over-year, Nightly posted the biggest gain in total viewers (+950,000) and widened its advantage over ABC by +3%. The NBC broadcast also improved its total viewer lead over ABC by +4% versus the current 2Q'13-to-date average.
Nightly has held the top position in total viewers for 244 consecutive weeks, in rating Adults 25-54 for 289 consecutive weeks, and in rating Adults 18-49 for 301 consecutive weeks.
Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience (9.278 million) since the 2005-06 season and its largest advantage over ABC (+1.106 million) since the 2009-10 season.
Nightly continues to demonstrate the largest total viewer growth this season among the evening newscasts, gaining +586,000 viewers (+7%) versus the same period last season and widening its lead over ABC by +40%.
· Nightly averaged 8.423 million total viewers, +11% (+830,000) more than ABC World News and +29% (+1,908,000) ahead of CBS Evening News
· Nightly averaged a 5.6/11 Household rating, ahead of ABC's 5.1/10 and CBS' 4.3/9.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.987 million viewers, outperforming CBS by +21% (+339,000).
· Nightly delivered a 1.7 A25-54 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and +3 tenths more than CBS.
· Among A18-49 (000), Nightly averaged 1.529 million viewers, leading ABC by +8% (+107,000) and CBS by +29% (+344,000).
· Nightly delivered a 1.2 A18-49 rating, +1 tenth more than ABC and +3 tenths more than CBS.
· Versus the same week last season, Nightly increased its delivery in total viewers (+2%, or +192,000), rating M18-49 (+22%), and rating M/A25-54 (+7%/+6%).
· Nightly has won in total viewers for 244 consecutive weeks, and in 291 of the past 292 weeks.
· Nightly has been #1 in A25-54 rating for 289 consecutive weeks.
· Nightly has been #1 in A18-49 rating for 301 consecutive weeks.