Weekend editions of "NBC Nightly News" drew record audiences during the first weekend of the 2014 Sochi Winter Games as Brian Williams anchored live from the Olympic Park in Sochi, Russia.
The Saturday NBC broadcast delivered over 11 million total viewers and a 2.8 rating A25-54, more than doubling ABC in both categories. The Sunday NBC broadcast drew nearly 16 million total viewers and a 4.2 rating A25-54 - at least doubling ABC in both categories, and delivering gains compared to the first Sunday of the 2012 London Games (+10% in total viewers) and 2010 Vancouver Games (+14% in total viewers, +8% in rating A25-54).
· Saturday Nightly delivered 11.179 million total viewers and a 2.8 A25-54 rating.
· In total viewers, Saturday Nightly outperformed ABC World News Saturday's 5.380 million by +108% (+5,799,000) and CBS Saturday Evening News's 4.046 million by +176% (+7,133,000).
· This was Saturday Nightly's best total viewer delivery since 7/28/2012 (first Saturday of London Summer Olympics).
· In rating A25-54, Saturday Nightly beat ABC by +211% (+1.9 rating points) and CBS by +300% (+2.1 rating points). In A25-54 (000), Saturday Nightly averaged 3.360 million viewers, leading ABC by +197% (+2,230,000) and CBS by +285% (+2,487,000).
· This was Saturday Nightly's best A25-54 viewer delivery since 8/4/2012 (second Saturday of London Summer Olympics).
· Sunday Nightly delivered 15.834 million total viewers and a 4.2 A25-54 rating.
· This was Sunday Nightly's best total viewer delivery since 2/12/2006 (first Sunday of Torino Winter Olympics).
· Sunday Nightly outperformed ABC World News Sunday's 6.943 million by +128% (+8,891,000). NOTE: CBS Sunday Evening News was a low coverage breakout (41%) and will not be included in the week or season averages.
· In rating A25-54, Sunday Nightly beat ABC by +163% (+2.6 rating points).
· In A25-54 (000) Sunday Nightly averaged 5,075,000, +165% (+3,158,000) ahead of ABC.
· This was Sunday Nightly's best A25-54 viewer delivery since 7/29/2012 (first Sunday of London Summer Olympics).