Completely Redesigned DISNEY JUNIOR Kids Site Now Live
DisneyJunior.com has been entirely re-built to offer kids 2-5 even more fun with their favorite Disney Junior characters no matter what device they're on - desktops, tablets or smartphones. The site also has added more than 20 new play-along mobile games and activities.
Overall, the responsive redesign includes:
- Optimal mobile compatibility across tablets, smartphones and desktop
- Tablet-first design specifically for preschoolers and the way they play
- Simple, intuitive interface that is consistent across devices
- Easy, kid-friendly navigation
- Ability to surface content more visibly throughout the site
- More than 20 new mobile optimized games and activities, including the debuts of "Jake's Never Land Rescue" and "Doc's Interactive Clinic for Stuffed Animals and Toys," among others.
"Kids today are growing up with a multitude of devices, so we want them to have the richest, most consistent experience possible with DisneyJunior.com regardless of how they're getting to the site," said Lauren DeVillier, Vice President of Digital Media, Disney Channels Worldwide. "We considered how, when and where kids interact with the site, and designed it to meet those evolving needs."
Disney Channel's research shows tablets are among the fastest growing devices ever - more than half of households with kids now own a tablet, up over 40% in 2012. For younger preschoolers, mobile devices are easier to use than a computer mouse - tablets and mobile phones are the perfect size for small hands - and parents are comfortable "passing back" their devices to keep kids happy and entertained.