Camerimage Film Festival Unveils 2013 Main Competition Lineup
CAMERIMAGE, the International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography now in its 21st edition, today revealed the lineup of films selected for the festival's main competition.
This year's main competition boasts a compelling and robust slate of acclaimed films from around the globe. The entries are:
· Agnieszka Holland's Burning Bush; Czech Republic, 2013; Cinematographer: Martin Strba
· Pirjo Honkasalo's Concrete Night; Finland, Sweden, Denmark, 2013; Cinematographer: Peter Flinckenberg
· Amat Escalante's Heli; Mexico, France, Germany, Netherlands, 2013; Cinematographer: Lorenzo Hagerman
· Edgar Reitz's Home from Home (Die andere Heimat - Chronik einer Sehcsucht); Germany, France, 2013; Cinematographer: Gernot Roll
· Pawe Pawlikowski's Ida; Poland, Denmark, 2013; Cinematographers: ?ukasz ?al, Ryszard Lenczewski
· Joel Coen and Ethan Coen's Inside Llewyn Davis; USA, France, 2013; Cinematographer: Bruno Delbonnel
· Lee Daniels' Lee Daniels' The Butler; USA, 2013; Cinematographer: Andrew Dunn
· Maciej Pieprzyca's Life Feels Good (Chce sie zyc); Poland, 2013; Cinematographer: Pawe? Dyllus
· Thomas Imbach's Mary Queen of Scots; Switzerland, France, 2013; Cinematographer: Rainer Klausmann
· Alexander Payne's Nebraska; USA, 2013; Cinematographer: Phedon Papamichael
· Alejandro Montiel's Paradise for the Damned; Argentina, 2013; Sol Lopatin
· Ron Howard's Rush; USA, Germany, UK, 2013; Cinematographer: Anthony Dod Mantle
· Gustav Deutsch's Shirley - Visions of Reality; Austria, 2013; Cinematographer: Jerzy Palacz
· Steve McQueen's 12 Years a Slave; USA, UK, 2013; Cinematographer: Sean Bobbitt
CAMERIMAGE's prestigious Golden Frog, Silver Frog and Bronze Frog awards will be bestowed upon main competition titles representing the greatest achievements in cinematography. The festival runs from November 16th - 23rd in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
To view the Festival's full competition lineup, please visit http://www.camerimage.pl/.
It was previously announced that Golden Globe nominee and Emmy winner John Turturro (Transformers, Fading Gigolo, Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, Transformers: Dark of the Moon) will be presented with the Festival's distinguished 'Special Award to Actor-Director.' Two-time Oscar winning production designer and art director Rick Carter (Avatar, Forrest Gump, Jurassic Park) will be the recipient of the Festival's 'Production Designer with Unique Visual Sensitivity Award' while celebrated filmmaker Joan Churchill (Aileen: Life and Death of a Serial Killer, Shut Up & Sing, Kurt & Courtney) will be bestowed the Festival's 'Award for Outstanding Achievements in Documentary Filmmaking.'
In addition, Academy Award nominated cinematographer S?awomir Idziak (Black Hawk Down, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Gattaca) will be the recipient of the Festival's prestigious 'Lifetime Achievement Award.'
Now in its 21st Edition, the International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography CAMERIMAGE is the most recognized festival dedicated to the art of cinematography and is the biggest international film festival in Poland. The unconventional format of the Festival, which awards films according to their visual, aesthetic and technical values, is a unique alternative to traditional film festivals.
CAMERIMAGE proves to be a great forum not only for presentation but also for further development of international moviemaking and provides a platform for young filmmakers to explore new artistic areas.
In addition to the main competition, the Festival offers a Polish Films Competition, Student Etudes Competition, Documentary Films Competition, Feature Debuts Competition, Music Videos Competition, Camerimage Market, Camerimage Forum, special screenings and premieres, various reviews, retrospectives, meetings and also accompanying events such as art exhibitions and music performances.
Various presentations of modern film equipment and of the latest production and postproduction technologies (both traditional and digital) are also an inherent aspect of the Festival and have been organized with cooperation from companies such as Arri, Panavision, Kodak, Hawk, K5600, J.L. Fisher, Sony, Panasonic, KinoFlo, Technicolor, Canon, Zeiss and Red.
CAMERIMAGE is an extraordinary event where art and technology meet, creating a unique and unforgettable atmosphere. Please visit http://www.camerimage.pl/ for more information.