Mason Gross School of the Arts to Host American Ballet Theatre Day 2014, 3/23
The Mason Gross School of the Arts Extension Division presents American Ballet Theatre Day 2014. On Sunday, March 23, American Ballet Theatre (ABT) teaching artists and directors will lead a day of FREE master classes and workshops for students of all ages, dance educators, and parents at Rutgers University. The day will culminate with an on-campus performance by the ABT Studio Company. The Studio Company consists of 14 of the most talented and promising young dancers in the country, who typically go on to dance with ABT and other world- renowned companies.
Schedule of Events:
- Teacher Information Sessions led by Risa Kaplowitz (Teaching ABT's National Training Curriculum to Young Dancers) & Pamela Levy (Applying ABT's National Training Curriculum to High School aged and Intermediate Dancers)
- Master Class for Young Dancers ages 9 - 12 taught by Richard Toda, artistic coordinator for Educational Outreach
- Master class taught by Kate Lydon, artistic director, ABT Studio Company for intermediate and advanced dancers
- Pre-performance Workshop for dancers ages 4-12 led by Richard Toda, Pam Levy and Annanda Carmody
- Dance Parade 7-8:00 pm:
- ABT Studio Company Performance
The Mason Gross School of the Arts Extension Division offers artistic training opportunities with distinguished teaching artists to students of all ages at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
For more about the event, visit: http://www.masongross.rutgers.edu/content/american-ballet-theatre-day.