Barbara Ehrenreich and More Set for AUTHORS IN KIND Literary Luncheon Supports God's Love We Deliver Today
Authors In Kind is a literary luncheon that features famed authors who sign and speak about their work during an intimate luncheon. The event was created by God's Love We Deliver Board member and Linda Fairstein eleven years ago. Guests can meet the authors, have books signed and enjoy lunch all while supporting God's Love We Deliver.
- Robin Cook, New York Times bestselling author of Coma, discusses his latest book, Cell, a medical thriller with top-notch fusion of groundbreaking medical sciences and edge-of-your seat suspense.
- Barbara Ehrenreich, Award-winning essayist, columnist, and author of New York Times bestseller Nickel and Dimed. Barbara will discuss her new book, Living with a Wild God.
- Michael Anthony, The Gramercy Tavern James Beard award-winning chef will discuss The Gramercy Tavern Cookbook. This book shares seasonal recipes that are prefect for the home cook, along with an insider look at the magic of one of America's most beloved restaurants.
- Linda Fairstein, God's Love Board member and author of the best-selling series of novels featuring the crime-solving Manhattan prosecutor, Alexandra Cooper, will discuss her novel, Death Angel.
- Karen Pearl, President & CEO, God's Love We Deliver
The luncheon is set for today, April 9, 2014 at noon. Jacket and tie required for men. It all takes place at The Metropolitan Club, 1 East 60th Street, NYC. Tickets start at $350, tables start at $5,000. The Author's Tables are $25,000 each. For more information, visit godslovewedeliver.org/authorsinkind.
God's Love We Deliver is the New York metropolitan area's leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutrition counseling for people living with severe illnesses. Begun as an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God's Love provides for people living with more than 200 individual diagnoses. God's Love cooks and home delivers the specific, nutritious meals a client's severe illness and treatment so urgently require. Meals are individually tailored for each client by one of our Registered Dietitians, and all clients have access to unlimited nutrition counseling. God's Love supports families by providing meals for the children and senior caregivers of its clients. All of the agency's services are provided free of charge, and in its history of more than 28 years, God's Love We Deliver has never had a waiting list. Because we rely on private donations for the vast majority of our funding, and because the demand for our services is up 60% in the last five years, this year's Authors In Kind is more important than ever. For more information, visit godslovewedeliver.org. Find God's Love on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.